Which shoes for wet rocks? (Read 118 times)

Fruchtenstein

I'm preparing for a race in the Urals mountains. There will be a lot of scree and boulders, most probably wet and slick. I have a choice of three pairs of shoes, Saucony Peregrine 3, Altra Lone Peak 1.5 and Inov-8 Trailroc 245. I love all of them, but never had a chance to test them under similar conditions. Which do you think would work better? I'm inclining towards Inov-8.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I've run in the Peregrine 3 and the Trailroc 255. I think the Trailrocs have better grip on wet rocks than the Peregrines.

Good luck on your race!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Fruchtenstein

Thanks. I like the feeling of Altra on dirt, both wet and dry, but owners of Lone Peaks write in most reviews that on rocks they are not so good.

Fruchtenstein

So, I'm back, with both legs in place Smile Trailrocs were really good. Here's a photo where I run down the stone stream. The traction was quite solid, though not absolutely perfect, of course.

More photos from the "Cloud Race" here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/+AlexeyKiryushkin/albums/6054466027043694225

https://picasaweb.google.com/109394250345218945821/201408?noredirect=1#

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Great pics. Thanks for sharing!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Great pictures!  I can't begin to imagine running on those rocks!

steph  

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Wow, that looks brutal!  Glad it went well.

dumrunner

I was gonna say the Inov-8s, they always work better for me on wet rocks. That course looks great, nice work!

Fruchtenstein

That part of the distance was no more than 1-2 kilometers, but due to its staginess and visual appeal it occupied an unproportionally high share of photos Smile Most of the time (and distance) it was just a good forest footpath with rock and roots. The total climb was ~1000m, max height

The GPS track is here (best viewed on OSM map, as always) or here, on gpsies.com.