A couple suggestions.... (Read 865 times)

Jim J

Runner

These may have been covered but I will post them up since I just encountered them. Need to be able to delete courses. It won't let me delete some of the older courses from CR that go back to 2002. Need to clean up an unmanageable list. It would be nice to be able to post a workout by simply clicking on the day in the calendar Great job, Eric! You are to be commended! Jim J

Jim J

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

When you go into Training Log and then click on Courses, your courses should have a red X by them. You can delete them. Also, you can set courses that you have not used in N months not to show in your lists; I believe this is under options.
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Here you go - Click "Option" Click "My Log Preferences" Check "Only show courses that I used in the [] last months" Enter a number of months that you want to filter by (e.g., put in a 12 and your logging tool will only show courses from the past 12 months). Click "Update"

My bike is my therapist

Thanks Trent. The "My Log Preferences" is my best choice. If I try to use the red "X" I get: "You ran on this course before and cannot delete it at this time. If you wish to delete it, please change the runs that are still using this course first." That could be a lot of editing. I'm another CR refugee, be patient with us.
          "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
          1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking
          5000 Mile Club
          Half Marathon Trainers
            I'm in the same boat as JJ and Croy. I'm assuming (making an ass out of us all, I know) that because all my data was transfered this past week, the option of "Show only courses used in the last [3] months" is showing all the courses because they've all been used within that time frame, in the transfer of said data. At least this is the logic my brain has accepted, which doesn't mean it's correct.
            Jim J

Runner

I am assuning that as the months go by the filter will kick in. At least I hope so! Jim

Jim J

The reason you're getting that error message is because not all of the runs you have had on that course has been changed to whatever. I ran into the same problem because I had entered some walking, biking, and other cross-training exercises logged onto the same courses. What to do is to go to the courses button on the right and then look up all of the runs, x-training, etc that you did on that specific course, then edit them. Once you change all of them you can delete them. (I spent a good two hours editing my new uploaded log to make it user friendly...I also drew a map of EVERY run I do...)
                Randy44

I agree. I have 961 courses, and there are about 875 I no longer use, so eliminating them would be nice.
                  runjoelrun

I understand that the database architecture wont allow deletions of courses in use (or shoes, etc), but perhaps a new action could be "deactivate" via a button right next to delete. (excuse the code speak) A boolean could be added to the course table and the lookup restriction could be further conditioned to exclude those where bDeactivated = True. And courses can be reactivated if needed too.