Looking for Alternative to Asics Gel kayano 13 (Read 2065 times)

I just hit about 350 mi on those and I liked them. I am thinking of switching to something different, just for a change and/or to save a little bit of cash. Any thoughts? I weigh about 155 pounds and have a very slight arch.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Giant Flaming Dork

Holabird still has plenty of stock - $80 with shipping! Yes

http://xkcd.com/621/

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I just hit about 350 mi on those and I liked them. I am thinking of switching to something different, just for a change and/or to save a little bit of cash. Any thoughts? I weigh about 155 pounds and have a very slight arch.
        If you like the fit of those, the Asics GT-21x0 (I think they're up to to 2140 now) should be similar. They're made for the same kind of runner (stability show, moderate arch). However, be warned -- the Kayano has more cushion, and although this shouldn't be a problem at your weight, the 2140's will feel less substantial (and less luxurious) than the Kayano.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

With the recent change to the 14, plenty of places have the 13 on sale. It's such a good shoe, I'd hate to see you switch just to save money. I'd stock up on 13's instead.

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

With the recent change to the 14, plenty of places have the 13 on sale. It's such a good shoe, I'd hate to see you switch just to save money. I'd stock up on 13's instead.
            Thanks very much everyone. Is there anyone who prefers the 13 to the 14? I have read some reviews where people prefer the 21X0 over the Kayanos, finding them ligher and less clunky? Can any comment on this?

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Thanks very much everyone. Is there anyone who prefers the 13 to 14? I have read some reviews where people prefer the 21X0 over the Kayanos, finding them ligher and less clunky? Can any comment on this?
              I'm rotating between a 13 and a 14. I like the 14 the best. I have a pair of 2130's I occasionally throw in the mix, but to me they seem a little insubstantial compared to the Kayano. Lighter and less clunky, yes, but also less cushion.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I'm rotating between a 13 and a 2130 and the difference, to me, is notable.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Holabird still has plenty of stock - $80 with shipping! Yes
                  Thank you! It looks like they only have them in D and wider. Darn. Anyone know other places I can get a deal on Kayanos?

The first time I tried on Kayanos, they felt amazing on my feet, but I couldn't justify the $130 price tag. I'm a 195 lb. no arch runner, so they are essentially made for my feet. With that said, I found the Mizuno Wave Inspire 3's and 4's. It was $50 cheaper, and now I've found them for $73 shipped from RunningWarehouse. They're 3 oz. lighter than the Kayanos, but they're very comfortable, even straight out of the box to me. Just thought I'd throw that out there, but I definitely understand the Kayano's....it felt like heaven on my foot.
                    AroundTheHorn

gt-2130 for me. I'm going to stockpile them next time they go on sale.
                      Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.
                        Anyone know other places I can get a deal on Kayanos?
                        Check Sports Authority if there's a store near you... I saw someone last week who picked up a pair of 13's there for 75 dollars or so.

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.