The Gym is a Freak Show (Read 1287 times)

beachrun

As I'm getting more experience with the gym I'm slowly getting closer to where the big boys are with the free weights and the things that look like medieval torture devices.  The mirrors are over there also.  The other day there was some weirdo skinny dude in the mirror pulling on a handle attached to some heavy stuff by a cable.  He kept looking for his triceratops, or whatever those muscles are called.   I was really sore the next day.

beachrun

As I'm getting more experience with the gym I'm slowly getting closer to where the big boys are with the free weights and the things that look like medieval torture devices.  The mirrors are over there also.  The other day there was some weirdo skinny dude in the mirror pulling on a handle attached to some heavy stuff by a cable.  He kept looking for his triceratops, or whatever those muscles are called.   I was really sore the next day.

Feeling the growl again

He kept looking for his triceratops, or whatever those muscles are called.   I was really sore the next day.

Whenever I try to look back far enough to see my triceratops, I get very sore too.  It's a long ways.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Runner100

He was probably feeling horny.

Singer who runs a smidge

He was probably feeling horny.

You people are so bad!!  My first "laughed so hard I cried" of the day.  My tech had to come see what was so funny!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Kalsarikännit

There was a lady at the gym this morning working out with a head full of curlers. I admire her multi-tasking.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

A couple of years ago  I was running 10+ miles on a gym TM. A full makeup, perfect hair, cute warm-up suit wearing 20 something got on the TM next to me. She walked. Slowly.

I sweat, a lot. I saw her glancing at me with a look of horror on her face. She didn't last more than a few minutes.

Last week, I discovered that there's a woman who pops into the locker room every 10 minutes or so to give her hair a blast from the blow dryer. Then she goes out, lifts a few weights, and zips back in for a new blast. I'm guessing this is either for sweat elimination or for that I'm Just so Tousled and Windblown and Carefree! look.

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

When we used to go to this gym in south Calgary, my DW talked about this one lady in the changeroom who would walk around naked, put her leg up on the counter, and "dry herself" with the hairdryer. That's just not right... Surprised

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

jfa

Not all the freaks are bad.

At my gym there's a woman I nicknamed Olga. She's about 6 foot tall, Nordic or Russian with blond hair and blue eyes. She is really built. Everything about her is either parallel or perpendicular to the ground.

The funny thing about it is that I have never seen her work out or even break a sweat. She just prances around the gym.

Oh roo roooo!

Everything about her is either parallel or perpendicular to the ground. 

Funny, funny description!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

There was a lady at the gym this morning working out with a head full of curlers. I admire her multi-tasking.

I get working out with weights or with an exercise ball.  But curlers?

I get working out with weights or with an exercise ball.  But curlers?

good one!

A Saucy Wench

sweat sets the curls. It really does.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

sweat sets the curls. It really does.

So that's it.

I finish a run and my hair looks much better than it does after a shower.

steph