How would you describe your eating habits and what's your guilty pleasure (food or drink)? (Read 1274 times)

mandytheartist

I call myself a "seagan"-a vegan who eats seafood. Here's a summary of what I eat:

Eat

Egg whites

Almond dairy

Seafood (except for white meat on Thanksgiving)

Any veggie or fruit

Avoid

"Real" dairy

Egg yolks

Quadrapeds and poultry

FlatFT.runner

I am an extreme creature of routine.  For my Paleo eating style, I eat a whole chicken on most days by picking pieces off the chicken throughout the day.  I add a couple of apples and some green leafy vegetables.  I occasionally substitute pork for the chicken and blueberries, etc. for the apples, but, for the most part, I just never tire of the routine and I always enjoy the same foods. 

Every couple of weeks, though, I treat myself to ribs.  Ribs are discouraged on Paleo, since they are a fatty meat, but I give them a pass, since the fat content does not bother me and actually aids in weight control to an extent.  There is a Chinese buffet up the street that serves large spare ribs in one of the buffet bins.  I will go into that restaurant sometimes and just eat a couple plates full of the ribs without touching any of the other food in the restaurant.  I just eat ribs until I am almost full.  I'll also drive to different rib restaurants around Atlanta sometimes to sample a different slab of ribs when I want variety from the Chinese buffet ribs.  I do not really feel guilty about this, though, since it is a part of my routine, and it helped me through the weight loss process this year.

Jason I like your new avatar.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Any thing that isn't nailed down it would seem.

steph  

My major food groups seem to consist of pizza, ice cream, chocolate, cheese, salsa, chips and beer. I am working on improving my habits though.

All right!  At least a couple folks here who eat more like I do :-))   My routine is basically: to eat nothing for breakfast, then fast food for lunch (Sonic is tops lately), and dinner is usually the only healthy meal of the day.  2-3 Beers is tempting in the evening sometimes, followed by the munchies, whereupon I usually just eat whatever is there.

See, this is part of why I run ---  Don't want to look like a tater tot!   I wanted to be able to keep eating the same crap I always have, but not gain too much weight like my sedentary elders did. :-)    May sound funny, but I have found that my best run performances have come a few hours after eating Burger King. (Longest Practice Run, etc!)  --- The secret is a Whopper Jr Combo with Onion Rings instead of fries, my friend. Big grin

On a serious note, I have started to shift and eat better than in the past.  (More Fresh Vegetables at the house, much less Beeeeeer, etc.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Better I Leave

I generally eat very well. A typical day for me is a whey protein/psyllium fiber shake for breakfast and lunch with protein bars for mid morning and afternoon snacks and a nice dinner consisting of meat and organic veggies from our garden and/or our local farms.

My guilty pleasure? Hands down is ice cream. If I open a pint of Ben and Jerry's...heh...that pint is toast. I simply cannot put it down while there is ice cream left in the container. Thusly, I avoid it like the plague. LOL!

Running Rev'd

I generally eat good types of foods - very little fast food or "junk" food. But I'm kind of a foodie, so I really like good food, eating out in restaurants, and cooking semi-indulgent meals. And I have an incredible weak spot for wine, beer, and cocktails (not all at the same time usually). Desserts I can normally pass up though.

Called to Endure - Blog

"Everyone gets the sunset. Only the dedicated earn the sunrise."

I generally eat very well. A typical day for me is a whey protein/psyllium fiber shake for breakfast and lunch with protein bars for mid morning and afternoon snacks and a nice dinner consisting of meat and organic veggies from our garden and/or our local farms.

My guilty pleasure? Hands down is ice cream. If I open a pint of Ben and Jerry's...heh...that pint is toast. I simply cannot put it down while there is ice cream left in the container. Thusly, I avoid it like the plague. LOL!

Indeed.  New York Super Fudge Chunk for me personally.  ---And the fact that I can buy a pint at the Navy Exchange for 2 bucks and something cents instead of the 4+ bucks that everyone else sells it for makes it all the more an affordable pleasure. 

My wife is from Vermont and I make fun of her because we can buy Ben and Jerry's down here in VA for half the price of what she pays to get it at a store in VT.  It is usually costs about 4.50 a pint up there even though the company is headquartered nearby!)  

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

I don't do "guilty pleasures"...  I don't particularly like the way guilt feels.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Mmmmm...beer

I'm with Cassie, I know it's just an expression, but I don't feel guilty about anything I eat.  After dropping 85lbs, I do eat a lot healthier, but I still enjoy "bad" foods, and don't feel the least bit guilty when I eat them. 

My diet now consists of mainly fruits & vegetables, followed by lean meat, with the occasional pizza or burger thrown in for good measure. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

BreadFan

<-------- and beer

Butter Tart

I'm an omnivore who eats vegetarian a lot of the time (I like the term "part time vegetarian"). I am very good about keeping all sorts of healthy foods in my regular diet, from kale to lentils to flax. But I also have a sweet tooth and love to bake. So I try to abide by the 80/20 rule and make sure at least 80% of what I eat is good for me. I've suffered from an eating disorder in the past so I try to leave feelings of guilt out of it and not sweat the small stuff. I keep a food diary so I can keep an eye on my overall diet.

I call myself a "seagan"

Yeah, I'm a "seegan". Anything I see, I eat. Big grin That's why I don't have snacks or ice cream at home. If I buy it, it's gone in a couple of days.

Hip Redux

I'm probably closest to a paleo diet, though I don't really try to adhere to a "diet" of any particular kind (and I think when I see paleo people start posting things like "paleo banana bread" it's doesn't give their diet much credibility).   I am gluten-free and about 95% dairy free (cream in my coffee!) in my day to day eating, and try to focus on eggs, meat and veggies, and limit anything that comes in a box or package.   That results in a lot of time in the kitchen, but I like cooking, so it's ok.

My downside is a really bad sweet tooth.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I generally do well during the week, but when we go out to eat somewhere (usually once a week or so), is when all hell breaks loose.  Any calorie deficits I make during the rest of the week usually get eradicated on Friday or Saturday.

Weaknesses:  Breads, pasta, pizza, ice cream (sweets in general), and of course, wine.  Oh, and soft pretzels too.

Jess runs for bacon

I try to eat well when it's easier for me. I attempt to eat healthy lunches during the week (to save money and eat better) and some weeknights after a run I'll have a shake for dinner (post run I'm lazy and not very hungry so it works out well). But I also really, really enjoy food and don't say no when I go out to eat. Seems to work, my weight has been pretty stable for several months like that. I could be ten pounds lighter, but it wouldn't be as fun.

I can't say no to burgers (the real kind, with bacon), pizza, and wine.