running magazines (Read 1814 times)

Save your issues for 3 years. You will begin to see the re-runs( Two and a Half Men).Same script.Different name.

Well, there's really only so much you can say about running (no offense).

At least RT rehashes stories about running/training as opposed to RW's riveting re-runs about the perfect jogging stroller, fuel belt, or skirt (no offense).

Hey, I've had that blog for more than three years.

Time to rehash!!!

I subscribe to Ultrarunning Magazine if only to see my name printed in the race results section (yes, I am that shallow)

I will pick up M&B, Running Times and Trail Runner from the news stand if I'm thinking about it.

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I subscribe to Ultrarunning Magazine if only to see my name printed in the race results section (yes, I am that shallow)

+1

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Checking out the marathon and beyond website right now. Might have to subscribe....looks interesting.

TRUST THE PROCESS

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

All females are either predators or moderately-annoying cling-ons who just don’t get why these crazy guys sacrifice so much for a sport they love.

Yeah.

<ImportantNote>Not actually a direct quote, and twisted badly out of context, for attempted humorous effect.</ImportantNote>

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

TERA MOODY CANT SLEEP.  Ok then.

Click.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Big Daddy

Clicked on the Tera Moody link.  She listens to Marathon Talk on the treadmill.  Checked it out (www.marathontalk.com).  Some good stuff to download and listen while you run if you get tired of music.

2013 Goal: Avoid Injury, drop 15 lbs

Netizen Kane

There are good regional magazines in various areas - New England, California - nice if you recognizes some races and faces.

TMSM - Triathlon and Multi-Sport Magazine is good, even though plenty of the content covers  cycling/swimming

Canadian Running and iRun.

RunGoddess, developer of the finest temporary tattoos for runners and triathletes.

ultramarathon/triathlete

Running Times is the best without question. If you care about current running from high school to masters it's a great read. It actually says how to become better at running, the opposite of runner's world.

Runners World says how to become better at running.  It's just that the "how" part seems to change from issue to issue.  I read it anyway, and it takes me all of about 15 minutes each month to scan the articles I've been reading for the last 2 decades.  Don't know why I still subscribe. Also don't know why I still get excited to see it in my mailbox each month, even though I'm usually disappointed.

I dropped RT a long time ago.  Boring. 

And I agree with TanyaS that there's not really that much to say about running (at least, enough to fill a magazine every month with original content), but still, I keep hoping some clever journalist will be able to.

Anyone know of any good running mags available on the iPad?

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                        Gatorade Endurance Team

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

DW and DD enjoy mocking RW.  I subscribe for their benefit.  They say it's a women's magazine, just like those at the supermarket.checkout.

I read it anyway, and it takes me all of about 15 minutes each month to scan the articles I've been reading for the last 2 decades.  Don't know why I still subscribe. Also don't know why I still get excited to see it in my mailbox each month, even though I'm usually disappointed.

reasons that I dropped subscription + with our current family budget have to drop anything that we don't really NEED

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Speaking of RW, can you resubscribe at the introductory $12 rate?  All my renewal notices are for something like $21.95, and I'm not going to do that.  I might at $12, however, just for the giggles.