Drew's HHFMM race report (Read 923 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

DREW - you are awesome!!! That was a GREAT race report!!!!! I was wondering how it went for you and I'm so glad you had a great time!
      Congratulations Drew!!! You did such a great job and finished strong. Your family & friends were wonderful with how much they supported (and busted) on you throughout the course. I enjoyed running with you...well, except for the "not a hill"...that hurt. Big grin What an awesome report too!

Michelle

fan-freakin-tastic report and run Drew! you are a runner without a doubt, you kicked those Flying Monkeys to the curb!

The Thunder

Great job! Nice report man. Oh, and it's THUNDER...not Andrew. Geez.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Great Report! I loved your description, your question and your answers...... Way to go! Congrats!

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Lazy idiot

Congrats Drew!!!! Wish I would have gotten to hang out with you some more, but there is a great picture of Bonkin, you, and I the night before. You did it!!!!
              Thanks, Marcus. It was great to meet you, too. You were much more encouraging than I expected. Wink
              Wicked Report. I didn't really have time to read it .... But I did anyway, gladly. Well Done. See you there next year buddy. ~D
              Yes, very likely. Thanks, Daddy-O
              A runner.
              Dude... you coming whooping and hollering down that hill will be one of the things I'll never forget about this race. Thanks.
              Yep. I get this...totally. Drew, you are so awesome. I've seen you in several pics from the events surrounding the "event" and race day, itself, and thought "man, he's one of the peeps I hope to meet someday." I'm jealous of all of you who have met IRL. Lucky bastards. Smile You did good...more than good. Amazing. Big grin
              Thanks, K. Soon... soon enough.
              Sweet! Congratulations Drew... very nice race and great job at capturing the experience. Lynn B
              Thanks, Lynn. Perhaps someday we'll meet at an event more your speed. Who knows?
              Very good report, my friend...and very good race as well. From start to finish. "Do you want to be a runner?" I'm glad you found your question.
              You, my friend, are a gas. Perhaps it's the Ohio thing. It was a pleasure to meet you. I'm glad I found my question, too.
              Excellent report and impressive debut. What's great about running is, there is no bench to be on the end of. Wink You run, ergo, you are a runner. I needed so much more time to get to know people, but it was nice to meet you.
              Thanks, Dan. We definitely needed more than a day to do as much socializing as we all wanted to. And "the question" was less of running being something I do and more of a runner being something I feel I am. I suppose it's all semantics. Great to meet you on Saturday, as well.
              Congratulations, marathoner!
              Thanks, Mr. Potatohead!!! Wink
              Great job, Drew, and a geat report, too. Congratulations from one newly crowned Marathon Runner to another!
              Thanks, I'm glad to have the first out of the way! Now we can both move on to #2!
              Congrats! Sheesh, what a race to start with based on the descriptions I've read. Sooo, what's next?
              More running.
              CONGRATS MARATHON DREW!!!! GREAT race report!!! I had NO doubt you would finish and make everyone proud! You KICKED the Monkey's ASS and from what I saw looked good doing it. Cheryl and I joked that you really must have kept some of your training secret (off log). You are definitely a runner!! Congrats again hun!
              Thanks, Pam. No mile was left unlogged, I assure you. It was a treat to run with you. Thanks for the encouragement.
              Awesome, Drew. Congrats on being a marathoner! Big grin
              Thanks, Globby. You can't imagine how disappointed I was Saturday afternoon when I realized you weren't going to be at the dinner that night. I figured we could discuss the finer points of the game on Saturday. Wink
              Drew - great report and I am so happy for you!!!! I knew you would do great!!!! Congrats and can't wait to see your continuing progress! WTG, Drew!!!!!!!
              Thanks, Cheryl. It was a pleasure to run with someone who was soooo excited to run their first marathon. You were awesome.
              Great job, Drew!! and a great race report to boot. Almost every other marathon is downhill from there Big grin
              Thanks, Dave. I'm not sure whether uphill or downhill sounds better right now.
              DREW - you are awesome!!! That was a GREAT race report!!!!! I was wondering how it went for you and I'm so glad you had a great time!
              Thanks, Shan. From one idiot to another: congratulations.
              Congratulations Drew!!! You did such a great job and finished strong. Your family & friends were wonderful with how much they supported (and busted) on you throughout the course. I enjoyed running with you...well, except for the "not a hill"...that hurt. Big grin What an awesome report too!
              Yeah... the "not a hill" was a bit brutal, eh? Thanks for helping me through the last 8-9 miles. I appreciate it.
              fan-freakin-tastic report and run Drew! you are a runner without a doubt, you kicked those Flying Monkeys to the curb!
              Thanks, Shaunna. Those flying monkeys must not have thought I looked too tasty!
              Great job! Nice report man. Oh, and it's THUNDER...not Andrew. Geez.
              Thanks. You were much more encouraging in person than your online persona led me to believe, too. Next year... faster. THUNDAH!
              Great Report! I loved your description, your question and your answers...... Way to go! Congrats!
              Thanks, Gayle. Y'know... Nashville isn't tooooo far from Arkansas. Maybe next year.

Tick tock

Drew, well done and congratulations. A fantastic report and another excellent endorsement for the HHFMM.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Lazy idiot

Drew, well done and congratulations. A fantastic report and another excellent endorsement for the HHFMM.
                  Thanks, Lank. As if that race needs any more positive pub. Sheesh. Wink

Tick tock

woot! keep the pub rolling.
                    And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine

Lazy idiot

woot! keep the pub rolling.
                      How did I make it 24 hours without saying a word to you? Next year, this cannot happen. Congrats on an awesome race.

Tick tock

How did I make it 24 hours without saying a word to you? Next year, this cannot happen. Congrats on an awesome race.
                        i have no idea. i actually thought i came close to meeting everyone. i'm so sorry we didn't. what a fantastic accomplishment and a great rr. congrats!
                        And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
                        xor

Holy smokes - that was your very first marathon, huh? COOL. Great job, and thanks for the nice report. Woohoo!

That's the running equivalent of being tossed into the deep end, amazing run and great report. Congrats!

E.J.
                            Greater Lowell Road Runners
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Drew - GREAT report, and nice job on the marathon as well. We shall meet in 363 days... (I'm thinking maybe next year this race is going to turn into an RA-only event, what with all the people here planning for it.)
                              mikeymike

Great job, Drew. Glad I got to witness it.

Runners run