First 1/2 shameless brag (Read 994 times)

8:15 first mile ... 8:22 average pace ... last 2 miles were my fastest at 7:57 and 8:02 -- passing runners -- awesome crowd ... what a great time! [Then went to the Eagles / Steelers game and saw the Birds win -- first time to an Eagles game at the new stadium -- great party -- lot-o-firsts.] Distance HALF MAR Clock Time 1:51:48 Chip Time 1:49:37 Gender Place 2526 / 6466 Placeoall 3414 Placediv 429 Pace 8:22 Ttldiv 1034 Ttlsex 6466 5 Km 26:12 10 Km 52:53 10 Mi 1:24:47

2012= under-goaled

Old, Slow, Happy

Great Job, Slimbo!!!!!! You're way faster than my first Half. Keep up the good work!!!! Are you going to get you marathon on your 40th?
        Thanks! And yes -- I am running the NYC marathon 2 weeks before my 40th

2012= under-goaled

Nice job on the race, and way to finish strong. Nothing proves your fitness and toughness better than passing runners late in a distance race. I too ran my first marathon shortly before my 40th -- have a great race in NY!

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

I don't think the percentage of first timers with something left in the tank at the end is very high, nicely done Slimbo!

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

redleaf

woohoo! congrats on a great race

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Outside Lane

Brag all you want - that time is fantastic. Sounds like you are going to just fine in that full marathon.

See how they run...

Another Passion

Great job! Congratulations!

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Awesome. I hope I can pass people at the end when I run my first half in December.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

nkeliher

Running nut

Good for you - you should be proud. I'm looking forward to posting my own shameless brag after I run Bay State in 3 weeks. Although I won't be running 8-minute miles, that's for sure.
                        hey -- thanks for the props ... now my gloating is over and it's back to the grindstone. Have a long run Friday and it looks like driving rain and wind ... just keeping my head down until Nov. Good luck in the bay state [marathon or 1/2?] ... I was checking out your log ... you are all over those 8 min / mls ... i will wait for the brag come Oct.

2012= under-goaled

8:15 first mile ... 8:22 average pace ... last 2 miles were my fastest at 7:57 and 8:02 -- passing runners -- awesome crowd ... what a great time! [Then went to the Eagles / Steelers game and saw the Birds win -- first time to an Eagles game at the new stadium -- great party -- lot-o-firsts.]
                          Congratulations on a great race! You had an awesome Philly day!!! Smile

Michelle