coffee (Read 1091 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Whatcha drinkin'? I bought a bag of Dunkin' Doughnuts Hazelnut, since I had heard rave reviews of DD coffee. I'm not really impressed. It's very weak and the hazelnut flavor is sorta meh...just tastes non-descript. I've been tempted to order coffee from this place. My folks can grind it at their grocery store, but I think it's only available in WI. I can have it shipped to me and ground just the way I like it prior to shipping: Berres Brothers The butternut rum is awesome! k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Gig

I mostly do whole bean. I used to have an electric mill, but it grinded the beans too fine, so I found an OLD porceline hand-cranked coffee grinder in my in-laws' basement and I mounted in on the side of my hoosier. Now I can adjust how fine the beans get grinded. It's so much better. Right now, I've got a pound of Dancing Goats in the grinder. My daughter, Sofia, is up. By now, many of you know what that means: Smile Big grin Wink Tongue Clowning around Cool Shy Blush Evil grin Roll eyes Shocked Surprised Embarrassed Confused Black eye Angry Sad Cry Sleepy Dead 8 Ball Yes Undecided No Tight lipped
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok, Gig...I need the story. Wink

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

Fresh-ground Starbucks Sumatran blend. Strong enough so I'm already jittery. I expect to have a little trouble running slow this morning.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So is Starbucks really worth the $$? I don't think I've ever had regular coffee at Starbucks...I always get a cappuccino or something I can't make at home. I'm so sick of buying crappy coffee to brew, though--especially when a lot of them are still pretty pricey.

~ Sarah Kay

I get a tall nonfat latte every morning from a local place. I like it better than Starbuck's.
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Starbucks
                beotch. go drink local. BONGO JAVA. Dude.
                JakeKnight

So is Starbucks really worth the $$? I don't think I've ever had regular coffee at Starbucks...I always get a cappuccino or something I can't make at home. I'm so sick of buying crappy coffee to brew, though--especially when a lot of them are still pretty pricey.
                  Well, I don't know nuthin' bout them fancypants girly drinks. For flavored coffee or cappuccino or lattes or anything girls and men named Seth are likely to drink, you'd have to ask around. I have no clue. But for plain old coffee, its worth it. At least at home. You can tell the difference before you even grind the beans. Every time I try something else (read: cheaper), I end up going back. Plus, there's the vastly entertaining benefit of annoying hippies. See:
                  beotch. go drink local. BONGO JAVA. Dude.
                  Bonus points to me if I just attracted coffee trolls. Ready - set - go.

invisible

'Presidents Choice' whole bean ESPRESSO. 1/4 cup of beans for 16 oz of water. Grind it FINE.
                    90 percent of the game is not giving up.
                    Scout7

anything girls and men named Seth are likely to drink...
                      Or guys named Stefan. HTFU, Stefan.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

'Presidents Choice' whole bean ESPRESSO. 1/4 cup of beans for 16 oz of water. Grind it FINE.
                        Is that Sam's Club? Too bad we let our membership lapse recently. If it's Wal-Mart I won't be purchasing it, either...you could not pay me to shop at that hell. Heh, maybe I can pay someone to go risk their life (seriously, ours was robbed by an armed dude a while back) to get me coffee... Wink

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

Is that Sam's Club? Too bad we let our membership lapse recently. If it's Wal-Mart I won't be purchasing it, either...you could not pay me to shop at that hell. Heh, maybe I can pay someone to go risk their life (seriously, ours was robbed by an armed dude a while back) to get me coffee... Wink
                          Somebody robbed Wal-Mart? Roll eyes That seems ... unproductive. They should shop smart. Shop S-mart. Speaking of Sam's, their 'Member's Mark' brand coffee isn't bad. I think I've got some in the cupboard now. If you drink a lot at home and grind your own beans, its not a bad way to go.

invisible

It's not Wal Mart. I'm in Canada and I buy the beans at one of two places: "Maxi" or "Loblaws". I've never heard of 'Sam's Club'.
                            90 percent of the game is not giving up.
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

'Maker's Mark'
                              Yeah. That is excellent in coffee. Even better without the coffee. BTW, loads of hippies at Bongo. Just drinkinsayin'.
                              JakeKnight

Yeah. That is excellent in coffee. Even better without the coffee. BTW, loads of hippies at Bongo. Just drinkinsayin'.
                                Does Bongo sell beans? Can I buy some without burning incense and dabbing on some patchouli? If I ever run Bongo to Bongo (to Bongo ... to Bongo ...) maybe I'll try some. But not if it doesn't annoy hippies. You're ruining my fun.