How to recover a log that got deleted by mistake (Read 57 times)

I hit the delete button instead of the save button for my run today by mistake.  Is there a way to recover?  I did not know how to import it again from Garmin.  I can see the record in Garmin and Strava.  Please advise.  Thank you, Ashley

RichardR

Obviously I'm not Eric, who owns this site, but I think this will work for you.

Go to your computer - not your phone.

1- Open the browser, and access the Garmin Connect page.

2- Open the run in GarminConnect.

3- In the far upper right corner, click the gear symbol (settings).

4- In the drop down menu which opens, choose Export to TCX

5- If you are on Windows (I'm not sure how Apple computers would work), the file will copy to your "Downloads" folder, and you will see the notification of a file in the lower left corner of your screen.

6- Click on the notification and then "Show in folder" and pay attention to the name of the file, and that it is located in "Downloads"

7- Now go to Running Ahead, and click on "Upload GPS data, and "Upload from file"

8- Under "Data Source", choose "TCS - Garmin Training Center"

9- Under "Data File", click on 'choose file, and then go through your file system to Downloads and choose the file from Step 6.  Double Click

10- Wait awhile

11- Refresh Running Ahead, and you should find the usual 'new activity waiting to be saved' notification at the top of the screen

12- Proceed as usual from here.

The only issue I have doing this is:

This morning, I had to wait at two stoplights.  When I reloaded the file to Running Ahead, what loaded was the time for those 2 miles, without stopping my watch, so the data had slowed those 2 miles by quite a bit.  However, you can easily edit them, simply using the information from Garmin Connect.

Thank you so  much!  I followed the instruction and it worked!