Any (or many?) evening runners here? (Read 699 times)

Shiksa

Due to my family committments, running in the evening is the only chance I get. On weekends, I do go mid-morning, but will have to switch to evening again when the heat hits. There are no real drawbacks for me except some days I don't feel like going at the end of the day. Once I start, I'm good. I imagine I might be a little slower in the evenings. It's still really hot here at that time (85+ degrees), but I run through sprinklers and I was raised in the desert. Smile

Stacy
    I make no apologies for my liberal use of smiley icons. http://www.BlakeHillHouse.com

i would prefer to run in the evening. I have to get up early for work, so i never have time. on the weekends, i run in early morning, just to get it over with. I live in florida. i have learned to deal with heat. Wink
        Another evening runner here Smile Even though I don't have to be at work until 10, I just don't like running in the morning as much- my body doesn' t feel awake, it's harder to push myself, and I'm stressed about making it home in time to get ready. During evening runs I can relax and take my time, especially with stretching afterwards. I don't think I'm any slower in the evenings. On weekends I'm also a mid-morning runner.

Swadvad

Evening on the weeknights and mid-morning on the weekends (after church on Sunday) is when I hit the streets. My wife runs in the mornings, so I stay with the kids and we switch in the evenings. We get to run together on the weekends. I prefer the evenings because it is great stress relief after work.
            I've always preferred an evening workout. Great stress relief at the end of the day. I live in a pretty safe neighborhood & I generally have the streets to myself. I usually go out after dinner but, I've waited as late as 10 PM to hit the road some nights. I'm in New England so heat's not an issue yet. Last week a couple of my runs, with a warm gentle breeze, & the scent of lilacs in the air were particularly nice.
            runpd

Eye Lick Two Rhune

I like to run in the evenings during the school year. Sometimes I get my best ideas for labs at night after seeing what the students are getting. On the weekends I run in the mornings (just start slower than I would at night) During the summer I run in the mornings so I can get out before the heat and humidity starts Dead.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" -Pre

I prefer to run at evening/night, but for heat reasons I've moved most of my running to the early mornings - the added benefit is that I don't have all day to give myself a reason not to run.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

vicentefrijole

Wow, there sure are a lot of you night-runners!!! I'm a devout morning-runner, myself, but I've thought about turning to the "Dark side"... one problem, do you go before or after dinner? Confused I've tried running before dinner, but I'm always way too famished to get a descent workout... and if I go after dinner, I have to wait for hours or I'm too full (and then, frankly, I feel like sleeping). I've tried snacking first, but if it's around dinner time, I'm so hungry that my snack generally ends up being meal-sized which defeats the purpose. Big grin
                  Shiksa

Wow, there sure are a lot of you night-runners!!! I'm a devout morning-runner, myself, but I've thought about turning to the "Dark side"... one problem, do you go before or after dinner? Confused
                    I eat a light dinner around 5 pm and stop drinking. I run around 7 pm and eat more when I return. Sometimes I am not hungry again. In our house breakfast and lunch are the two biggest meals.

Stacy
                    I make no apologies for my liberal use of smiley icons. http://www.BlakeHillHouse.com

The family usually eats after 7 & I try to get out as soon as I can after we're done. On an exceptionally good day I'm out by 8 but, a lot of nights it's closer to 9. I know conventional wisdom says you should wait a little longer after a meal I generally don't have a problem. I might burp & fart a little bit during the first mile or two but, things settle down pretty quickly.
                        I might burp & fart a little bit during the first mile or two but, things settle down pretty quickly.
                        Sexy! Wink Actually, I fart a decent amount when I run. At least I'm (usually) outside ... if I'm on a TM, and you're next to me ... sorry. Blush
                        2009: BQ?

Diesel Power

I'm definitely an evening running during the week. I used to run after eating dinner, but since I now leave work at 5pm, I go right into running mode when I get home. I'll usually have an apple or something around 3:30-4 to hold off hunger pains.
                          Scout7

I run morning, noon, and evening. Depends on the day, and my schedule. During the week, noon or morning, occasionally in the evening if I can't get away from work to get a run in. Weekends....morning or evening work best. I've been doing long runs on Sunday evening more often than not, just because things work out that way.
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sexy! Wink Actually, I fart a decent amount when I run.
                              Gah, we really are related, aren't we?! Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Do you ever feel slightly deflated after a good fart when you're running? It's like the extra air pressure was helping to keep you erect. Kind of like the Underdog balloon during the Macy's Thanksgiving parade when he needs more helium. I've tried to discuss it with my wife & daughter but, they just give me "that look". Modified to add: Sorry to take the thread in this direction but, I don't often get the chance to work the subject into a conversation. Non-runners just don't understand...