The $3,400 floor (Read 1671 times)

A Saucy Wench

Maybe when I remodel my kitchen next year I'll have the contractor put one in.  He's talented enough to build something even if it isnt wine cellar fancy.  I dont have dirt there, I have a crawlspace, but under the kitchen it is full cellar depth.  I would bet my crawlspace hovers between 40 and 55 year round.  Moderate insulation should take care of the rest.

Who the hell am I kidding.  Adding a dual zone wine fridge to my kitchen (well, it is really in my laundry room) increased my wine consumption by about 300%.  A freaking wine cellar would turn me into a complete drunk. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Sadly, this is the best use of US currency I've seen in the last week.  Undecided

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Not nearly as cool as the $30,000 floor...

Instead of the spiral stairs, why not have the whole thing on a hydraulic lift, so the wine rises up to you?

I happen to be in Noblesville tonight visiting family, and I stopped by to take a look.

The floor looks pretty cool.

Took some pictures, but I have no idea how to post the pic.... (trying, but all I see are the ? boxes.)

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Feeling the growl again

I happen to be in Noblesville tonight visiting family, and I stopped by to take a look.

The floor looks pretty cool.

Took some pictures, but I have no idea how to post the pic.... (trying, but all I see are the ? boxes.)

Now see if you'd have planned ahead, you could have scored free beer from the locals on this trip....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

To post pics, you first have to upload them to the web, say to a pic hosting site such as www.photobucket.com.  From there, you can get the pictures' web address and post them here.

A Saucy Wench

Instead of the spiral stairs, why not have the whole thing on a hydraulic lift, so the wine rises up to you?

Where I used to work we have these machines called stockers.  You could put one of them in the cellar with a console to retrieve and deliver the bottle to the trap door.  Everyone wants wine cellars to look oldworld charming.  Lets bring technology in to it.  RFID each bottle baby

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Better yet, how 'bout this:

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Better yet, how 'bout this:

Not exactly a cellar.