Streak went down! (Read 624 times)

AroundTheHorn

61 days and a fking tendon injury. I don't know how severe it is and that worries me. I can walk just fine. The problem is, when I get past a couple miles (granted, the whole time I'm feeling a tingle near the calf) it starts to flare up to the point I'm almost running with a limp. So I made the decision to take a few days off (I was really enjoying every aspect of my streak and how I looked forward to every run) and now I don't know when to come back. The douchebag in me is telling me to man up and just run till you can't anymore. The sensible side is telling me to rest and go see a doctor. Fk injuries. Angry /rant
    Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

See a doctor!!! I had achilles tendonitis - saw a doctor right away, then went to PT for a few weeks. Yeah, it took two months (started light running after a few weeks), but now I'm TOTALLY fine. The PT said if I'd waited, things would have been much worse for me. Good luck! I know how frustrating it is.
      JakeKnight

Listening to the douchebag is advice I generally follow.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

AroundTheHorn

Douchebag here, and let me say, it felt great to run again. I only ran 3 miles because I was worried the injury might flare up again(not to mention it was getting dark). I felt a little Kirk Gibsonish out there. Teresa, it probably makes more sense for me to go see a doctor but the stubborn asshole in me says run till I drop.

Menace to Sobriety

Listen to your inner douchebag. He knows the difference between soreness and injury, between discomfort and pain. You did the right thing....took some time off, came back slow. If it was really serious, it would probably hurt all the time, not just a few miles into a run. If you do go to a doctor, try to at least find one that runs. He'll understand your need to run and may be able to suggest alternatives to "taking a month" off. Hell, maybe its just time for a new pair of shoes.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

AroundTheHorn

I thought about the shoes being a problem but kid of dismissed it since I barely had 200 miles on them (my last pair got me 300 easy). We'll see what happens tonight when I do my light run after my weights workout.