Olympic Spoilers-Please make them STOP! (Read 902 times)

I'm getting so frustrated with people posting about the Olympics and giving away results in the Subject Line. Sometimes I don't get to watch the events when they are broadcast, and it seems others are posting results that are on the internet even before they have been on TV. I have no problem with people wanting to discuss things with others who have seen the results already. But PLEASE, don't reveal results in the subject line, so those of us who haven't seen it can avoid the thread! Thanks, Rant over
    xor

Yes. Agree do I.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I agree; put the athlete's name in the title but not the result. Too bad some childish posters can't help themselves.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Imminent Catastrophe

Don't click on "Off the Beaten Path" if you haven't seen the women's marathon.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

Yup. DAMMIT.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting that...
              kiro105

Thank you. I am watching now!! Shy
                  Thanks very much Debbie and Perfesser, that was GREAT. A spoiler for that one would have been just too cruel. MTA: posted before Paula Radcliffe finished, that was a gutsy performance.

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

xor

GAHHHHH Come on, people. Coverage has not even started on the west coast. I really wasn't expecting to know that piece of information in a thread about stopping spoilers.

Man in Tights

...and I was thinking coverage in India sucks. I've seen all the action live, real time whatever...
                      xor

Ha. It's not just stuff like this that happens on the other side of the earth. One of the biggest sports here in the US is the NFL (professional football... American football with the oblong brown ball). The rules behind what we get to see in real time... mind you, most of these games are during the day on Sundays... are completely flipping bizarre, especially for those without a satellite dish. Blackout rules for local broadcasts of the home team. For a long time, we were not allowed to watch a game being held at the local stadium on television if the game was not sold out in the stadium. Others in the nation might get to see it. The local people would have to watch reruns. This has changed some, I think. What gets shown on our regular networks is a very small subset of games chosen by, perhaps, monkeys. It sometimes is a very boring selection of teams that nobody in the area cares about. And when a game gets out of hand (lopsided scores), they generally will not switch to a more interesting game. The NFL network, which shows some games exclusively, is only available to certain people in the US. There's a writer for ESPN who writes a weekly football column. He gets email from all over the world, and it is common that people in Iraq and other nations which probably don't have a huge population salivating for American football get to see better games than we do. It's weird.

Imminent Catastrophe

...and I was thinking coverage in India sucks. I've seen all the action live, real time whatever...
                          So, Narsi, they actually pre-empted cricket? Wink I went down to the hotel sports pub at 7:30 and every single TV was tuned to a pre-season NFL football game (it was the local team). It took some doing to get them to change one screen to the Olympics, it helped that there were some Brits and Aussies in there who weren't the least bit interested in pre-season American football.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016