First race (Read 642 times)

Fruchtenstein

At the age of 43 I have finally run my first race. Actually, it was a bit disappointing. It was called a cross, but 90 percent of the distance followed and asphalt road. The race started 15 minutes earlier. Worst of all, the planned 12km distance was almost halved and it wasn't even announced. I started as if I had 12km to run and then, only 3km after the start, we were sent back. I accelerated, but it was too late. The GPS showed meager 6.8 km. I finished in 34 minutes, at exactly 5 minutes per kilometer (8 per mile), which is faster than I normally run.

The impressions are terrible, but I have to admit there's something attractive in the races. Perhaps, I should try again Smile

Maggie & Molly

try again.  Sounds like a the issue is with race organizers not you!!! 

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
      Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Not sure what was up with that race, but it doesnt sound typical of most races that most of us have gone too......

Find another race (5k to 5 miles) and try it again........you'll probably have a better experience next time....

Champions are made when no one is watching

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

try again.  it should be much better.

steph  

Hi Dmitri..... I started running in races just this year as well. My first race had a race-shirt mix up, and I thought that was bad! I would bet that no matter where in the world you run, many of the others around you (and the organizers) will be friendly and imformative. I go with the attitude that I am racing against myself. Have fun and let us know how the next one turns out. I find other countries and cultures very interesting..... thanks for posting! Is this the area you run in???? http://travelingluck.com/Europe/Russia/Samarskaya+Oblast'/_501027_Rozhdestveno.html#local_map

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

поздравления

держать работает

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

Fruchtenstein

Thank you, everyone, for your support!

No, I really liked it, no matter what. I didn't care much about the result, just like Steve has said, I was racing against myself. Others were a good company, though Smile.

Besides, on the next day I covered the loss by running 18 kilometers — 12 as the daily lot and 6 more Smile

Steve, I sometimes run  there, too. Rozhdestveno is a popular cycling place here. But that race was here:

http://www.logyourrun.com/index.php?option=com_routes&task=loadroute&Itemid=46&code=QSF2Xjr1lRptgr

dreamless sleep, SPASIBO! Smile