Garmin Batteries (Read 862 times)

I am thinking of buying a Garmin 305, but wanted to check if the battery is replaceable in both the watch and the heart rate monitor Confused Are there any negative things about the Garmin I should know before I buy?
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Batteries in the HRM are replacable. Batteries in the watch are not, but are rechargable. I have heard of NO battery problems with either the HRM or the watch device in the 15 months since the thing came out. You can buy a 305 online doing a google product search for "forerunner 305" for under $200 (I just bought a new one from thenerds.net for $194.99 to replace one I broke in a really really hard fall I believe), and have a $50 rebate from the garmin website, so I am getting it for $155 with shipping. I have loved my 305 and have nothing negative to say.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Trent, where did you find that rebate? Do you know if it's also available for the 205? 'Cause I see that site is selling it for about $145...if it's $50 on that, too, then maybe I should pull the trigger...you know, labor day present, since I have been in labor...heh. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Here is the link to current rebates, etc: http://www8.garmin.com/whatsNew/currentpromotions/ I did not see the 205 on there Sad You can get the 305 for $155, I would do that instead. HRM for just $10 more!
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...it's very tempting. But I think I'm gonna keep my eyes open for a 205 rebate between now and Christmas. Santa seems willing to put one under the tree if I can be patient... Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I have not used 305 too much and have skipped out on the HRM so far. Positives -Great training tool for runners -You don't have to dink with mapping your run here or on mapmyrun.com to figure out the distance. -Automatic pace calculation Negatives -Compared to my watch it is big -When I get close to certain structures.... the pace goes all over the place -Sometimes the distance is off a few % -You can not use it to replace your watch, because it requires recharging.

Vim

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Although my friends tell me gps watchs are geeky and real runners dont need one, I think I will go ahead and get the 305. It sounds like fun. Smile