Sub 5 minute mile! (Read 1100 times)

Why is it sideways?

Awesome, Chris!!! Jeff's right about the 5k, but if you're tired of chasing the ghosts of your former self, then try a marathon. I ran my first marathon last year and really enjoyed the training--it was better suited to my 30 year-old temperament and opened up new vistas in running. Plus, you won't lose that speed too quickly. Marathon mileage + miler speed equals a kickin' 5k along the way. Just a thought. Congrats again.
    RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

First off Congrats on the 1 mile PR. Very impressive. I have no idea how fast I could run 1 mile but I'm pretty sure I would die trying to do a 1 mile sprint. I noticed you joined the Columbus Marathon group so it looks like you have decided on the marathon instead of the 5K huh!
        2011 Goals:
        Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
        Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
        First off Congrats on the 1 mile PR. Very impressive. I have no idea how fast I could run 1 mile but I'm pretty sure I would die trying to do a 1 mile sprint. I noticed you joined the Columbus Marathon group so it looks like you have decided on the marathon instead of the 5K huh!
        Thanks, man! I still haven't completely made a decision but I think I'm going to focus on my 5k time but put the mileage and training in to be able to run my first marathon. Since I live in Columbus and was targeting this year's marathon at the beginning of the year (before fracturing my foot in February), I figured I might as well re-add that goal to my list. Between now and then, I'm hoping to run a few longer races just to test my progress along the way. Last time I ran a race over 5k was back in 1994!

Lazy idiot

I knew I should have shown up to that race to get my butt kicked by a fellow RA'er. Nice job, Chris. Big grin

Tick tock