$@!%&* iPod (Read 1222 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Also, they're no longer doing a 4GB iPhone. Now, it's 8GB only. And the 8GB price has been cut by $200 to $399! Story So now the real dilemma if I were buying now would be 8GB iPhone or or 16GB iPod touch? Both are $399. We wants them!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So now the real dilemma if I were buying now would be 8GB iPhone or or 16GB iPod touch? Both are $399.
      No dilemma. As our Professor said: And now, introducing the "iPod touch"--like the iPhone, touchscreen, wi-fi, calendar, contacts and Safari.

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

Ditto. Free or cheap cell phone from the carrier of your choice, and an iPod Touch. Get a Bluetooth headset for your phone, keep the phone out of sight, but hold the iPod out in plain sight, and you'll fool 99% of everyone... did

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, I don't think I'm really lusting over the iPhone any longer--AT&T coverage is pretty non-existent around here. Now maybe I can still have my Verizon cheapy phone and eventually get that new iPod in a few years...when it's cheaper and even better. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ok, I'm convinced. iPod Touch it is!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I will get the iPod touch to replace my old Sony PDA. It has everything I need, although it would be nice if I could add programs to it, like medication dose checkers for work, etc. Those add-ons have long been available for PDAs.
              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

The new iPod family They now have CoverFlow browsing in all of them. I wonder if there will be a firmware update so that I could do this on my current 5.5gen iPod (doubt it).

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Anybody know, is there any add-on software for the iPhone/iPod touch?

Imminent Catastrophe

I will get the iPod touch to replace my old Sony PDA. It has everything I need, although it would be nice if I could add programs to it, like medication dose checkers for work, etc. Those add-ons have long been available for PDAs.
                    Since it runs Safari, that might happen.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Can you do the dose checking online? If so, then having Safari at your fingertips might be the solution to that issue. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

I couldn't tell whether it will have full browsing capability, or just enough to buy iTunes and log into hotspots. We'll see.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The online versions are a bit clunky, the PDA version is sleek...
                          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Okay. iTouch: 16 GB. Why not more? Sheesh. Just a few apps, mostly designed to get you to buy music. No email. No clear discussion about iCal. No apps for productivity. Like the iPhone, apps are locked down and third parties cannot create new ones I may just wait a bit longer...

madness baby

Hold out, dude. It's not all about bein purty. Gotta have the brains, too, and I don't mean just storage. Wink d
                              deb

madness baby

Sorry to perserverate on this, but does this mean we get a new ad campaign? The ipod marketing is so played out, it doesn't even seem like apple.
                                deb