Back to Running (Read 105 times)

RapGod

Hello fellow runners,

I first started running 2 years ago this summer.  I joined cross country for my high school.  After cross country, I stopped running and haven't ran since October of 2012. I've gained some weight, and I'm looking to get back into running.  I was wondering what type of running burns the most fat.  Would it be sprints for 20 seconds, then walking for 2 minutes or would it be just going for a continuous run?  Thank you Smile

Feeling the growl again

Calorie burn is mainly a function of distance covered.  So slow down and log some miles.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

RapGod

What about burning fat?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

That's what he said.  Eat less, run more.  Preferably run when you would otherwise be eating.

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

What about burning fat?

What Spaniel said - go slow and long to burn the most fat. By going slower, you can work longer thus burning more calories. However, the realty is that you lose weight in the kitchen, not through running. Working out increases your appetite greatly which balances your increased calorie burn. To lose weight requires portion control, getting rid of junk food, and eating nutrient dense foods. Reduce the intake of processed foods and eat from the produce section of the grocery store.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

That's what he said.  Eat less, run more.  Preferably run when you would otherwise be eating.

Sadly, I can't run 24/7 

steph  

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Sadly, I can't run 24/7 

I thought that's what you ultra runners do!
                TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I thought that's what you ultra runners do!

Ah, I'm only a wannabe

steph