Farewell my friend farewell (warning this has a sad ending!) (Read 1804 times)

xor

What the heck! Put on your big boy panties and run a mile! You still have time!!!

Don't forget the reflective trim.

BCR...i am crying...you've made me cry. congratulations! you've made me feel something.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

I'm withering from lack of good guidance. Help! MTA-and no more honey! Please! That stuff will kill ya. I need some other liquid refreshment.

I've often thought we should have a mentoring system here at RA.  Someone who looks at your log once a week and yells at you for being stupid or not doing enough.  Someone to console you in times of need like yesterday for me. 

For the record I did not run yesterday the streak is now dead.  I may actually take another day or two off.  Amazing how much more time I feel like I have not running 8 miles a day. 

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
        • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
        • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon
        L Train

I've often thought we should have a mentoring system here at RA.  Someone who looks at your log once a week and yells at you for being stupid or not doing enough.  Someone to console you in times of need like yesterday for me. 

For the record I did not run yesterday the streak is now dead.  I may actually take another day or two off.  Amazing how much more time I feel like I have not running 8 miles a day. 

You are stupid and you aren't doing enough. 

See a good mentor would tell me things that I don't already know.   Most of the people on this forum fall into both of those categories.  Unfortunatley the more I read your comments the stupider I feel for having wasted the time to read them in the first place.  Wink  Eric where is that ignore button????

Just kidding you would be one of the last people I put on the ignore list. 

• Sub 22  5K
            keeponrunning

+1 on the first part.

As for the second...Disapprove

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

kcam

Ahh the slippery slope to couch-potato land.

Ahh the slippery slope to couch-potato land.

Couch-potato land is not an option and neither is a major injury.

• Sub 22  5K
                  xor

>> Marathon under 3:05:59

So you will be happy with 3:05:58, but not 3:05:59.

Interesting.  I applaud you for this line in the sand.

Couch-potato land is not an option and neither is a major injury.

It is your destiny!

See a good mentor would tell me things that I don't already know.

“I know,” BCR gasps afterward. “But it is a very hard thing to have to know.”

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

When I travel to Japan, we practically lose one day.  We leave at about 1PM and arrive Narita about 5PM the next day.  You take a train to Tokyo and it takes about 2 hours and get to the hotel, situate yourself, etc., etc....  I usually try to get out and run even for 20-minutes.

That's why you have to run laps in the aisles of the plane.  Fake a bladder control problem.  Don't dress like SRL before his new suit.

I look my best blurry!

LTrain- That is exactly what my coach says about me. I'm so lazy. BCR don't feel bad. You're not alone.
                            keeponrunning

LTrain- That is exactly what my coach says about me. I'm so lazy. BCR don't feel bad. You're not alone.

Ya, cause it really shows in your race times.Wink

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

drrbradford

I really don't get streaking.  Good riddance to that a**hole is all I have to say.

+1