Where to buy shoes for cheap? (Read 1748 times)

pygirl

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I did buy a pair from the running store. I do like to support local businesses, but I also like to pay my mortgage. Smile
      pygirl I live in Waterbury CT as well.. what indoor track do you run on? Ballys by chance?
        Not sure what you need for stability shoes. I currently buy my training shoes at Khole's where I have found the best prices and often have a discount coupon as well. However, for racing shoes, I buy them at a specialty store the Run In in Rocky Hill CT. This year I will begin training for a HM and plan on buying a really good pair for long runs at the Run In. Of course, if I find what they recommend is availalbe at someplace like Khole's I'll buy them there. I also have seen some discount places on-line, but I'm at work right now (on lunch) so I don't have it/them right now, but I'll look at home tonight and get back to you if I see anything decent.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Not sure what you need for stability shoes. I currently buy my training shoes at Khole's where I have found the best prices and often have a discount coupon as well. However, for racing shoes, I buy them at a specialty store the Run In in Rocky Hill CT. This year I will begin training for a HM and plan on buying a really good pair for long runs at the Run In. Of course, if I find what they recommend is availalbe at someplace like Khole's I'll buy them there. I also have seen some discount places on-line, but I'm at work right now (on lunch) so I don't have it/them right now, but I'll look at home tonight and get back to you if I see anything decent.

LPH

wow, running shoes in the US seem pretty cheap in general (at least compared to prices in germany). i bought my running shoes for 120€, that's about 180 dollars Shocked
              Asics Kayano's in Australia = $250, pair i purchased in New York on holidays = $120, on one of thos websites latest model same price, last model now $89!!! Know where i'll be getting my shoes from now on...even with shipping i still save $100!!!!

Just running for the fun of it!

PYGirl, check out this website, I find lots of running stuff on here for both men and woman at pretty resonable prices. Looks to be a clearing house of stuff. http://www.sierratradingpost.com By the way PYGIRL and Mrs Hub, looking at your profiles I see you're from Waterbury, I'm straight up Rte 8 in Barkhamsted. We're almost neighbors. You ever run in any races up inthe Torrington area?

LPH

By the way PYGIRL and Mrs Hub, looking at your profiles I see you're from Waterbury, I'm straight up Rte 8 in Barkhamsted. We're almost neighbors. You ever run in any races up inthe Torrington area?
                  I haven't yet but I will keep an eye out for them! ARe you planning on running any in particular yet? Nice to have more CT folks on here Smile
                    If you know the shoe and exact size you want I would check... Google Products http://www.google.com/products Ebay www.ebay.com For Brooks Shoes, I would go to.... (You'll get them shipped straight from Brooks) http://worldfootbag.com/catalog2/showgroup/Brooks Shoes at local running stores usually are overpriced even after you consider the service and selection, but that did not keep me from buying some from them.

Vim

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Oh...Okay, I'll just go win them. By the way, can you tell me where I can win a half marathon with a time around 2:05 or so?
                      Akron marathon gives out a free pair of Brooks to all full marathon finishers. And winning a race doesn't come free, the price is sweat, effort and years of consistent training. Considering the monetary value of time, it's probably the most expensive method given. I'd flag that as a shameless boast, but would do the same thing in a heartbeat if I can get myself to race winning shape.
                      pygirl

Yep Mrs Hub I run indoors at Bally's. I have only run in on race, but I would love to run in some more. Just don't expect me to 'race' OK?
                          Hi Pygirl, I ask because I go to Ballys as well. Im there almost every night.. and in some early mornings. My husband is a personal trainer there. I saw a your post in the 20s club about the classes you took and put it all together Smile I used to take the cardio dance and kickboxing all of the time. I dont have the patience to run on the track I use the treadmills for running.

Burninated Peasant

I've done really well w/last year's model ~ of my "recommended" shoe Wink
                            Like others I often go for last year's model. There are times that I have found them for up to 50% off. Another thing I do is to not wait until I need them to buy them. That way I am more likely to get my price. There's nothing wrong with having a couple of extra pairs in your closet.
                            This works best for me. I try to buy all the shoes I expect to need during the year in the December-January timeframe, when retailers are trying to get rid of last year's shoes. Like MrPHinNJ said, you can get 50% off the price when you do this.
                              Always be on the lookout for deals. If you can stop by Dicks or Sports Authority (or others) once in a while, try to remember to check out the clearance rack. I got really lucky about one year ago. I needed a new pair of shoes and settle don Asics Gel-Cumulus, paying full price (about 90 bucks). Before I checked out, I found the previous years model of the Mizuno Waverider for 45 bucks on the clearance rack. Since Sports Authority was running a promotion (50% off the 2nd pair -they do this alot) I basically got the Mizuno's for 21 dollars. Steve

2014 - Get 5k back under 20:00.  Stay healthy!

I ran a 5M in Torrington last Aug and a few years ago ran a 5K there, but last year they moved the 5K from Sept to March or April and blew it in my book. Same thing in Hartford a few years ago, I ran in a really great Race Event for Breast Cancer awareness, something like towards the end of July, but then moved it the following year to March. I've only been running for 4 years and in the past hadn't kept up during the winter, so March-April races just didn't work for me. This winter, I've learned to run on the threadmill and keeping myself in much better condition. I'm shooting for a HM this year in Napa Valley in July and will probably do the Hartford HM in Oct. There are some pretty good races up this neck of the woods and I'll grap your email and keep you informed if you want? PS - it sounds like you and Pygirl have probably been crossing paths for some time!
                                I haven't yet but I will keep an eye out for them! ARe you planning on running any in particular yet? Nice to have more CT folks on here Smile

LPH