What Restaurant Chain Makes the Best Burger (Read 423 times)

TJoseph

Unless you take into account burgers from places like Ruths Chris, Morton's, or Capital Grille.

I have eaten at Ruths Chris and Morton's and never considered ordering a burger.  Is it even on the menu?  It's been a few years, but I remember Morton's (in Hollywood) was all about the prime rib and didn't have a lot of other cuts.

In my former life as a banker, there was a Morton's in our building. At happy hour they would give out these little prime rib sliders (little piece of meat on a tiny kaiser role with horseradish sauce). Not really a "burger", but free and good...

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
      Mysecondnewname

I guess I'm a Red Robin fan now....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/17/red-robin-garden-burger_n_3455739.html

Wink

(I like eating healthy as much as the next person, but IMHO, we all could use a bit more sense of humor and not be so sensitive these days.)

Doc, my tooth hurts

I guess I'm a Red Robin fan now....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/17/red-robin-garden-burger_n_3455739.html

Wink

(I like eating healthy as much as the next person, but IMHO, we all could use a bit more sense of humor and not be so sensitive these days.)

OH NO SOMEONE MADE FUN OF ME AND MADE ME FEEL BAD, CALL MY LAWYER!

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

IN-N-OUT! (that's how you know someone is from california)

But only if you get them with the grilled onions!

It took me a while to like them as they (unfairly) made a bad first impression on me.  I was in the Rose Parade freshman year of college and IN-N-OUT burgers were provided right afterwards.  After a six-mile parade, these burgers had been sitting around for several hours, and they weren't much better than all the horse crap we had to dodge in the parade.  Two more post-Rose Parade IN-N-OUTs in subsequent years only solidified my opinion that they were overrated pieces of shit.

But years later, I finally had one freshly cooked, with freshly grilled onions, and it was like getting smashed in the face with a 2x4 made out of solid awesome.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Be sure to wash this down with a tasty beverage...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

TheHurricaneMom

I like Red Robin.  There is a newer one called Tom and Eddies that makes some very good(expensive) burgers too.  But it is not a national chain.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Tom and Eddies was very good for counter service burgers.   Don't 5 stores in Chicago suburbs count as National?