Mapping my neighborhood runs (Read 708 times)

I am new to this website and so far I really love it and find it helpful. I think I am ready to move to the next level and try to map some of my personal neighborhood runs. I don't really know where to start doing this. If someone could give me a few starting tips on how to use the tools. I'm afraid I'm old and a little technically challenged.... Amy Barrow Nashville TN
      Welcome to RA! From your training log, click on Courses and then New Course. The view will change to a form with a map at the bottom. Fill out any details on the form and then click the streets of your running route. To learn what the other features on the map are, just hover your mouse over them for a second or two. Hope that helps.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hey Amy!! Welcome to RA, another Nashvillian (and a FAST FAST one!). Amy, there are a lot of Nashville routes already in RA's map database. You can look under Tools, then Find Routes and look around town.
          Thanks for all the info. I am mapping away. It is fascinating to find out how far my routes really are!
            I mapped a run called Blackman 6 miler. I punched the "make the course an out and back" button (which worked fine). However the elevation profile is not correct (or long enough). What did I do wrong?
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

From time to time, elevation hiccups. When it is wrong, click the button again to clear it, then a third time to regenerate it.