After All of This is Gone (Read 358 times)

sbpbrent

Ludwig Classic Maple

Great poll!  I'm a drummer and I like both Ringo and Charlie, but I have to go with Charlie.

Marathon PR: 3:25:35 Fall Classic, 2014

1/2 Marathon PR: 1:35:59, Mt. Sneffels Half Marathon, 2014

Great poll!  I'm a drummer and I like both Ringo and Charlie, but I have to go with Charlie.

Did you know Ringo has his own band now?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

BeeRunB

Did you know Ringo has his own band now?

So does Charlie. He likes jazz.  And really nice suits.

I read Keith Richard's book a short time ago (great read), and he told the story of a time when Mick Jagger was going off the deep end egotistically with his solo career and thinking he WAS the Stones, and was driving the band crazy. Jagger and Richards were meeting for something, and Watts was late. Jagger left a message on Watts machine saying "Where's my drummer?" Watts shows up dressed in to the nines in one of his expensive suits and punches Jagger in the face and says "Don't ever call me your drummer again."

Check out Life by Keith Richards. One of those books that I didn't want to end. Lots of great stuff about his playing, creativity, and the truth about his use of drugs. The man's a really dedicated musician.

Marylander

Definitely prefer Metric to either of those other bands...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqldwoDXHKg

lagwagon

Are you calling me fat?

certainly not, but while on the subject maybe eric should add "gut enhancement program" as a standard activity just in case things go pear shaped

and as far as aging rocker biographies go, i preferred the crue book (the dirt).  next up may be scar tissue.  but first need to finish Running w the Buffaloes.  Wetmore is pretty hardcore, but he's no Tommy Lee.

+1

And Charlie rocks a four piece kit. Less is more.

running metalhead

Bah,Check out Crucifixion's drummer:

http://www.last.fm/music/Juliana+Novo

Juliana Novo

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
                - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
                - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
                - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
                - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
                - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

Jack DeJonette

Ostrich runner

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

HuntsBennett

HuntsBennett(UK)

Stones for me, (after asking my Mothers Little Helper). With the Beatles I can't get no satisfaction Beatles too squeaky clean. Any way I need to go now as I need to paint my door, just need to find the black paint. Missus telling me to get on with it as she tells me  I'm Under my Thumb. This is stressing me out I'm close to my 19th Nervous Breakdown

Hoban-Jay

Ringo's good...I mean he's always got an All Starr Band...

....but two words...ALEX...LIFESON.  I would pay to see him in concert alone on drums.

Marylander

Er, Alex plays drums? I'm pretty sure you mean Neil Peart. Also, this poll was actually about the bad Metric. Wink