Geography stumper (Read 625 times)

My sister and I have spent over 20 hrs together in the car over the past few days. As you can guess, we got kind of bored at times (you should see some of our photos of road-signs! They got so much lamer after leaving TN!) and played a bunch of "road games" that normally those over 12 woudlnt dream of playing. Including geography (place starts with the last letter of the last place) and "reverse geography" (place ends with first letter of the last word: Eton, Deleware, England, Tennessee, etc). We are stumped. Can you think of a place that ends in B??? Undecided Sleepy Tongue Cool Shocked
    Eryn

Moab.

Some runners drag a tire. I drag a Great Pyrenees.

Moab.
        Dang it! Thats brilliant! Next time she gives me Bismark I will surprise her! Any others just in case someone throws out Belgium next? Tongue
          BTW - how is 4th year? Have you figured out what you are going to do when you grown up? I just finished 3rd a few weeks ago and am now really confused!!! If I was less confused, I dont think I would be debating when to take Step II......
          va

Coutesy of my son: Punjab.
              You guys and - your offspring - are brilliant!!!
              va

One silly two player game we play is "add a letter" game. Upon each turn, a player has to think of a word with one more letter than the other player. 1: "a" 2: "it" 1: "the" 2: "coat" 1: ...
                Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

A variation of that would be to take turns adding a letter to the end of a string of letters that will eventually spell a word 1. m 2. mo 1. moa 2. moab You win when the other person could not come up with letters to create the final word. oh, and DeKalb
                  va

we play that one too, we call it "finish it"...
                      We play variations of these games, but our new family favorite is Rubberneckers

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Car games are probably as old as the car itself....but you would think that if we were sharing the driving and can both drink legally we would have outgrown these games a while ago.....though they are more to help us stay awake around the 5th or 6th than anything. A friend of my sister joined us from DC to PVD and he had a new game that we liked. Someone thinks of a noun and gives the first letter. You then ask questions to get him or her to say "No its not a ____" starting with the goal being not to name the item. If he or she is stumped and cant think of something, the other players get the next letter. Ex starting with A: Is it a fruit? No it is not an appricot. Is it green? No it is not an avocado. Is it gross? No it is not an ashtray. Does it live in the zoo? Answer is stumped. Questioner says "Ape." Answer says the next letter is P. Does it take place after a concert? No its not applause. Do you drink it? No its not an aperatif. Etc.
                        va

Once we played, "name a city with a longer name". The longest anyone could think of is "Charlottesville" (15 letters)...
                          Eryn

BTW - how is 4th year? Have you figured out what you are going to do when you grown up? I just finished 3rd a few weeks ago and am now really confused!!! If I was less confused, I dont think I would be debating when to take Step II......
                            I just took step 2 last week, and it's much better than step 1-- the anxiety level is much much lower and you know what you're getting into!! (btw, I recommend USMLEWorld rather than Kaplan-- cheaper, and I thought the difficulty was equivalent. UNLIKE Kaplan where the practive Q's were easier than the real thing). I'm going to be a Neurologist. Big grin Tons of my friends are still undecided and freaking out, I really feel for ya. What are you deciding between?

Some runners drag a tire. I drag a Great Pyrenees.

I just took step 2 last week, and it's much better than step 1-- the anxiety level is much much lower and you know what you're getting into!! (btw, I recommend USMLEWorld rather than Kaplan-- cheaper, and I thought the difficulty was equivalent. UNLIKE Kaplan where the practive Q's were easier than the real thing). I'm going to be a Neurologist. Big grin Tons of my friends are still undecided and freaking out, I really feel for ya. What are you deciding between?
                              Thanks for the advice! I am actually going abroad next year (this year?) Neuro sounds like a great choice! I loved my rotation and I really liked the diseases and the pts. I thought I was EM and had ruled everything else out except ortho - I have been interested in it for quite a long time (middle school? Definately by HS) and wanted to do 2 weeks during my surg subspecialty month just to make sure it wasnt what I wanted to do. Unexpectedly I really enjoyed my surg rotation (I know how you felt....I had that reaction to a couple of my rotations!) and contemplated gen surg. And then I loved my ortho rotation. Oops! That wasnt part of my plan! And my Step I makes ortho tough though not impossible. So I am on the fence between EM and ortho. Hurray for having a year to contemplate what I want to do after I gradumate! Hence the debate about whether to take Step II before I go or after I come back....it would be nice to get my score higher before I apply for recidency, but if it goes down I guess my decision is made for me!