Recommended waterproof running shoes? (Read 84 times)

Antonio3535

Hi,

I usually run 30 minutes on a park near home, sometimes in muddy/rainy weather.  I'm thinking of getting some waterproof trainers (below £100 if possible), best if they're easy to clean (I these this is tricky), any recommendations?

Any advice much welcome 

Any advice much welcome 

Just use regular running shoes. Your feet will get wet and it’s fine.

Dave

What Dave said.

in my experience, waterproof running shoes are waterproof both ways, so your sweat will make your feet just as wet. Wool running socks and it doesn't matter if your shoes/feet are wet. Smartwool PhD.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Marylander

Rather than waterproof shoes I wear trail shoes that have channels in the footbed and let the water drain out through the midsole. I've currently got some skechers that do this. You can see the holes in the midsole in the pic here (this is a newer model than the go run trail 5s that I have):

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What Dave said.

in my experience, waterproof running shoes are waterproof both ways, so your sweat will make your feet just as wet. Wool running socks and it doesn't matter if your shoes/feet are wet. Smartwool PhD.

Yep. Any sock with a high percentage of wool is good stuff.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Darn Tough is another great brand of wool socks. I can step in a puddle in regular running shoes and it's only squishy for a few steps. Wool for the win! Smile

And don't worry about cleaning your shoes. Yes, bang the mud off after it's dry, but your shoes are going to be imperfect. They are working with you.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

when  y shoes get muddy on a wet run I just hose them off while wearing them when I get home. They're already wet, so no big deal. But now they're not muddy!

Darn Tough is another great brand of wool socks.

Yes indeedy.

That said, for 40°F rainy days I have Brooks Ghost GTX.  Spendy, but worth it imo.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Waterproof sock 

I, too, wonder what ole Bearcat is up to these days.

Runners run

I spray mine with Scotchguard.   Works great!!!

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

Bread bags

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

Waterproof sock = waterproof shoe = feet soaking wet with sweat

I guess at least it's your own water, and not some water of unknown origin.

Bread bags

Bearcat? Is that ... you??

Runners run