Ever had this happen to you in a race? (Read 922 times)

Go Green Wave!

Scroll down to last place finisher... http://ky.milesplit.us/meets/29910/results/58994
      Scroll down to last place finisher... http://ky.milesplit.us/meets/29910/results/58994
      With a last name like Buck it's no wonder.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

There are these results: http://www.harpethhillsmarathon.com/Runners/finishers2006.html Again, scroll down to the bottom.

It hasn't happened to me, but it has happened to Matt Tillinghast when a deer tried to bandit the Austin Freescale Marathon last year.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

DH once had a squirrel run in front of him while he was on his bike. Little rodent shot through the spokes and ran out the other side unscathed. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

DH once had a squirrel run in front of him while he was on his bike. Little rodent shot through the spokes and ran out the other side unscathed. k
              HAHA ... the mental image of that is awesome. ** I have it out for squirrels ... ever since the time they broke into my parent's house (clawed/ chewed through the screen) and ate the muffins on the counter. Bastards.
              2009: BQ?
                ** I have it out for squirrels ... ever since the time they broke into my parent's house (clawed/ chewed through the screen) and ate the muffins on the counter. Bastards.
                Aw c'mon, you can't blame the little bastards. If you subsisted on acorns and you saw muffins on a counter, tell me you wouldn't pull a "Mission Impossible".

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

When I was in high school, a sparrow flew into my face and broke my sunglasses while I was riding my bike. I managed somehow not to fall over, but it really hurt. My friend thought that it was really funny.

Run to Win
                  25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

A few years ago, I was in a park stretching next to a tree and had a squirrel jump on my back! I screamed so loud the police showed up! I hate squirrels.
                    Scout7

When I was in high school, a sparrow flew into my face and broke my sunglasses while I was riding my bike. I managed somehow not to fall over, but it really hurt. My friend thought that it was really funny.
                      OK, Blaine, no offense meant here, but all I can think of now is the episode of "Seinfeld" where the guy said that Elaine had a big head, and then a bird flew into. "That bird flew right into your head. It was like it couldn't avoid it...."
                      corland

Funny! This year in Grand Rapids a 6 point buck ran onto the course on the east side of the river. He cornered himself between the river and the the trail the marathoners were running. He was panicked! I was concerned that when he recrossed the marathon runners that he may take one out! Apparently it didnt happen, but man deer are powerful! He looked like he would have killed someone if he ran into them.
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Funny! This year in Grand Rapids a 6 point buck ran onto the course on the east side of the river. He cornered himself between the river and the the trail the marathoners were running. He was panicked! I was concerned that when he recrossed the marathon runners that he may take one out! Apparently it didnt happen, but man deer are powerful! He looked like he would have killed someone if he ran into them.
                          Good thing he didn't get in the way of the stilts guy! BTW, do you know if he got into the record books...? Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

mbk

An acquaintance of mine stepped on and killed a bird that decided to fly out of the bushes and right under his foot. He was about 100 feet from the finish line - he stood there stunned for a minute, then the coach yelled "Keep going!"
                            corland

Good thing he didn't get in the way of the stilts guy! BTW, do you know if he got into the record books...? Smile k
                              nope - I didn't hear anymore about it. I passed him on one of the out and backs - I wanna say somewhere around 14-15 and he looked good.

Another Passion

A few years ago, I was in a park stretching next to a tree and had a squirrel jump on my back! I screamed so loud the police showed up! I hate squirrels.
                                A vindication story for you squirrel-haters... this is a true story. About 3 years ago, a fellow firefighter, who happens to be our school district's junior high school girls' PE teacher, was out on a 3 mile run, had a squirrel run in front of her which she inadvertantly stepped on and killed! True story.

Rick
                                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                                runningforcassy.blogspot.com