feet hurt (Read 92 times)

Ofek2105

Hello,

first time posting on this forum Smile

I have started running again 3 months ago and after about two weeks I have been bothered by an intense pain in my foot. The pain definitely hurt my performance.

I figured it was because of the shoes, I looked inside and saw a dent(more like a small hole) in the location that correspond with the pain in the foot so I decided to purchase new shoes, I got asics GEL DS TRAINER 25.

after a month the pain gradually came back, and today it was unbearable.

Inside the shoes I didn't saw any thing wrong.

I have found a picture on google images and colored the pain area in red

I have colored the area of the pain in red

I need to understand:

• why do I keep feeling the pain?
    • is it common?
    • how to stop the pain?
    • should I involve a doctor.

In case it is necessary:

I normally run 3.5 km, today I tried to do 7 km but stopped because of the pain.

last time I timed myself I run 3 km in 14 minutes

an amazing likeness

Google Metatarsalgia and see if that's not what you're dealing with...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Problems with shoes often won't show on visual inspection. Did you get fitted for your shoes at a running store? Is this the same shoe you were wearing before?

Also small fix to try: don't tie your shoes as tight. It can make a huge difference.

Pain is a sign something is wrong.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Ofek2105

Google Metatarsalgia and see if that's not what you're dealing with...

after reading a little, I am planning to buy something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Metatarsal-Pads-Ball-Metatarsal-Sleeves-Silicone-Inserts/dp/B07YQSWGVC

some silicone pad under the foot, is it recommended?

Problems with shoes often won't show on visual inspection. Did you get fitted for your shoes at a running store? Is this the same shoe you were wearing before?

Also small fix to try: don't tie your shoes as tight. It can make a huge difference.

Pain is a sign something is wrong.

I did not get fitted before buying the shoes, I purchased the shoes online.

The previous shoes were asics GEL-CUMULUS 20,

and I never tie the shoes tight I actually make it possible so I could slide my shoe in and out.

SMART Approach

I would first rule out bunion pain. It would be odd to have same pain on both sides at same time. Not a fan of putting all that padding in a shoe you are considering to buy. The below may be a better option. If it is bunion pain, you should feel better with these. Make sure shoes are not issue.

https://www.amazon.com/NatraCure-Gel-Bunion-Guards-Spreaders/dp/B01AX22K8Y/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2U4C2M1JVYQA1&dchild=1&keywords=gel+bunion+cushion+2+pieces&qid=1598877351&sprefix=Gel+bunion+cushion%2Caps%2C253&sr=8-5

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

adding more material inside the shoe might make problems worse cuz more pressure on the ouchy parts. worth a try, though.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Ofek2105

Hello, yesterday I run another 7k, after the run mostly my right foot hurt.

when i looked at the foot this is what I saw. Only my right foot has this.

that photo is roughly 24 hours after the jog.

that makes me think that the shoe is to blame, what do you think?

dumrunner

You may need shoes that are wider in the forefoot.

yeah looks like a shoe thing. Feel around in there, sometimes there are overlapping materials sewn together that were overlooked by quality control. Or maybe get a wider shoe like dumrunner suggested. (Atra, Topo, New Balance or Hoka EE width). Or a one-piece knit upper type shoe like Nike Free or Skechers GoRun or something.

Are you sure you have the right size shoe? You should have a thumb's width between your toes and the end of the shoe.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying