Racing Goals* (Read 631 times)

What are your racing goals? Specific race you want to run, time, place, etc? Let's hear 'em! My "biggies" are - BQ by 2009 - Place ... any place Wink in any race (I'm guessing it won't be a marathon or a HM, so maybe a 10K!) - Run the "Goofy Challenge"
    2009: BQ?
      My 2007biggies are a under 4 hour marathon and run 2 marathons within a 6 week period. I think for 2008 it will be going for pr's in the smaller races like 5k 10k (though I currently haven't ran one) and 10 miler.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

These are very bold goals based on where I'm at now, but I'm thinking long term, and hoping I can get back into PR shape w/o injury. [modified to move 5k/10k goals to early 2009, added 2007 goal] 2007: Shut up and run 2008: Run 1-mile sub 5:00 Run 5k in the 17-minute range Run 10k in the 37-minute range Early/Mid 2009: Break 5k PR (16:24) Break 10k PR (35:39) Late 2009: BQ (3h15m) but really would like to get sub-3 (Rocket City Marathon or CIM) 2010: Run Boston BTW Trishie, you need to move to a smaller town. That's the easiest way to place high in races! Clowning around

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I like doing this... Don't have a goal date but I would like to do the following. 5k in 21 minutes (current race PR 22:50) 10 miler in 1:10 (current race PR 1:21) HM in 1:40 (current race PR 1:58) Mile in 5:30 (current practice best 6:30) LONG TERM GOAl - attempt a marathon (just don't tell my husband I said that). Cool

Michelle

My only major goal at the moment is to finish my first marathon in sub-4 this year. After that, we will see where my running takes me. The Goofy Challenge does sound cool though, Disney does not mess around and always seem to go a step beyond just doing it right.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

va

I've set a stretch goal to finish the Richmond Marathon in under 4:20 (9:56 pace). McMillan prediction, based on April HM, is 4:33:26.

Lazy idiot

Goals for 2007 Mile - 7:00 (current practice PR of 7:37) 5k - 24:00 (current PR of 25:31) Half-Marathon - 2:00:00 (have not run yet) Longer term goals (no specific date set) Mile - 6:00 5k - 19:00 Marathon - 4:00:00

Tick tock

LONG TERM GOAl - attempt a marathon (just don't tell my husband I said that).
                  Tell your husband that if you want to run a marathon, you'll damn well run a marathon! Big grin
                  2009: BQ?
                    BQ in 1st Marathon (Newport) Complete the Renaissance Mile That's pretty much it.
                      Get my kids running. Run San Fran in under 4 hours, uninjured. Run a 1:43 or less HM this year PR at Boston next year. I'd like to do a 5k race and see how I do. I haven't done a 5k in over 2 years...I think I could beat my 25:08 from that race. Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

Burninated Peasant

2007: Marathon: Run the whole way HM: 1:30 (not going to happen, probably won't run another one this year) 10k: Under 40 minutes (Done!) 5k: 18:30 2008: Probably keep the same goals since I didn't meet them in 2007 Big grin
                          I want to PR in the 3 races I have left this year. September 10K (current: 45:17, goal: sub 44:00) October HM (current: 1:50:16, goal: 1:42:30) December 26.2 (current: 3:59:18, goal: sub-3:40:00 to qualify for Boston! ) Wow. Writing it out like that made me nervous! Eeek!
                          "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian
                            Run a marathon or farther (like a 50k trail run) in each of the 50 US states. 4 down (3 in 8 months this past year).For 2008 - hopefully at least 3 or 4.
                            Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                              I set my short to medium term goals back in early April. They are obviously quite linked to my weight goals so I've listed those too. 5k August 7th - 24.24 December - 23.30 March 08 - 23.00 10k June (only 12 days away!) - 53.00 August 18th - 51.30 Tied up with these are my weight goals - the first of which I achieved just over a week ago. Smile June - 65kgs August - 63kgs December 60kgs
                                I'm impressed by all the people setting goals years out. I can't keep focus for that long so my goals for '07 are to run a PR marathon and a sub-5 minute mile. Oh, and the recurring goal every year is to stay healthy and on the road all year long.

Runners run