5 hour energy? (Read 6325 times)

Doesn't Lance Armstrong endorse this stuff?

No he does not.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

I'll do it next time for my sub 3:00 attempt this fall.

Where will you be attempting sub-3 Dirk?

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

He's 5'-9" tall and weighs 160 pounds, so the effect wasn't due to his small size, either.

That's not so small. He should try to get down to 145, seriously. Or less.

Ricky

Teresadfp

One day at a time

He's actually more like 5'-10" now - I forgot to add in his growth since March!  He's not overweight by any means.  He used to be, but he's really slimmed down.  Has a lot of girls calling him, and he's not even in 9th grade yet.
             Has a lot of girls calling him, and he's not even in 9th grade yet.

That's cool.

When I was in the 8th grade, I prolly weighed in at 130 at 5' 8". Just saying.

Overweight, he is not. But as a runner, and a future elite I hope, he could be as low as 130 and still be in the normal range.

Myself, I would think that to be pretty low, but that's what the BMI calculator shows for 5' 10".

Ricky

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Oh, this son is not the fast runner - that's my 17-year-old, who is 5'-7" and 115 pounds, soaking wet.  The middle child is more interested in Nordic skiing.  He's running XC just to stay in shape - poor kid, he inherited his mother's running genes.  His big brother will be the team captain, so it will be interesting to see how they interact.
                Well, here's to hoping the younger brother follows in his brother's footsteps.

Ricky

#artbydmcbride

Doesn't Lance Armstrong endorse this stuff?

Lance endorses a different brand

I've tried it for my commute home, it did keep me from nodding off at the wheel.  

I tried some half way through a marathon and it made me sick to my stomach.

Runners run

Not sure, but I think what LA endorse is a recovery drink.

Ricky

galberras

fear the Col Sanders

Just because I look dumb doesn't mean I'm not...

kcam

5 hour energy is so last year.  Go for the gusto and get the 6 Hour Energy drink!  I kid you not I saw it right on the shelf next to 5 hour energy drink.  Why would you buy the 5 hour when you could get 6 hours of energy?!  Reminds me of the Spinal Tap amps that could be turned up to '11' which, of course, is better than an amp that tops out at '10'.

6-hour? Really?

This reminds me of the arms race that occurred in the shaving razor industry. First three, then four, then five, than five with a single razor chaser on top. All at Mach speed. Hilarious.

I can just imagine where the energy drink industry is going: "Yeah, well if you liked the trance-inducing 32-hour energy with Whey isolate protein and 20 anti-oxidants...you'll LOVE the All-Natural, 0-Cal, 2-day X-treme 3N3RgY  Monster Rocket Fuel Drink!!!!!!" Complete with the warning: "Do not drink in the presence of others."

Half Fanatic #846

6-hour? Really?

That's right - I saw it on the shelf at the convenience store last night next to the "5 Hour" stuff (and for the exact same price, too!).  But I'm waitin' for "7-10 hr." to come out - 'cause I'm interested in ultras - shouldn't be long now.  

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Here you go (No commercial Advertsising intented) ... but add is almost as Roiedo predicted

VPX Redline Power Rush 7 Hour energy boost

VPX has done it again with the introduction of the next generation of Redline – Redline Power Rush. Straight from the Redline laboratories, VPX has taken the profound energy producing compounds of the Original Redline and shrunk them into a small convenient bottle. So goes the saying, “big things come in small packages,” with seven, that’s right seven hours of sustained energy that will leave you “amped” to the max in minutes, ready to tear apart the weights and wear out the treadmill like a tiger released from its cage! With no crash, Redline Power Rush doesn’t stop there, the intense energy will last beyond your workout to keep you focused and energized throughout the day.

VPX Redline Power Rush Details
                              • 7 Hours of Sustained Energy
                              • No crash
                              • Zero Sugar
                              • Zero Carbs

Redline Power Rush 7

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Moon Runner

I had a sample taste of a new energy drink called N.E.R.D. at a grocery store recently. Supposedly it's mostly natural ingredients and it uses real sugar. It was quite tastey too!

The problem with those sugar free things is they usually have aspartame (I think I spelled that right) in them (really bad nasty stuff!).