Google really is invading our privacy (Read 974 times)

jeffdonahue

Yes, I'm checking Google Maps now, and I see each one of you sitting in front of your computer.

That's a hell of a camera they have cause I dont have a window in my office. 

Hey, while we're talking about Google: I am trying to get all the contacts on my Android phone (Bionic) into my Gmail contacts.  

Simple, right?  Sheesh. 

If anyone's got a simple way to do it, lemme know. Thanks.  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Hey, while we're talking about Google: I am trying to get all the contacts on my Android phone (Bionic) into my Gmail contacts.  

Simple, right?  Sheesh. 

If anyone's got a simple way to do it, lemme know. Thanks.  

I'm confused.  Why would you ever put contacts on an Android phone?  Just put them in the GOOG and they'll show up on your phone automagially.  

Runners run

I should be doing that.

Typical scenario: Someone says "I'll call/text you.  Save my number."

Save them straight to Google.  You can even do it from the call log or from a text--click the plus sign to add to contacts.  Select "Create New Contact".  At the "Contact Type" pulldown select "Google."

Voila.

Runners run

Nice.  Thank you. 

Feeling the growl again

I'm confused.  Why would you ever put contacts on an Android phone?  Just put them in the GOOG and they'll show up on your phone automagially.  

Yeah....that's how my phone got glutted with a ton of contacts I did not want in there.  Sigh.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Yeah, but in an Alt-F world, it's better to have more info. in a database than less.  

Prince of Fatness

What's an Android?

Not at it at all. 

Ha, I think JLynnBob said the same thing...though my shoes wouldn't tell the same story.  Most wear is still concentrated under the ball of my foot (I think I sorta twist/pivot my foot a little, so that could explain part of that).

It looks like your right foot it supinating.

Jeff

I don't really know how he can demonstrate damages since half the other guys in his town probably piss on their own front lawns. I lived in Germany for 5 years and noted pissing in public was normal. I've seen a bus driver pull over and take a piss in front of his loaded bus. I've seen a guy get out in a traffic jam, face the backup, and take a piss. People piss on everything at Oktoberfest! Come to think of it, I now think I need to sue someone for being subjected to this.

I was in Japan one time, NOT in a rural area, during rush hour.  Some guy pulled over, got out of his car and just walked into a field and took a piss.

We were amused.

Jeff

Feeling the growl again

Yeah, but in an Alt-F world, it's better to have more info. in a database than less.  

I find nothing better about jamming up my phone with crap I never wanted in there and was not asked if I wanted it added....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Your entire persona resides in the cloud now.  The phone is just a portal to it.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It looks like your right foot it supinating.

Ha, I wouldn't be at all surprised.  I think my legs/feet just randomly decide to do different things on a whim.  I've given up trying to figure them out.  I just keep buying the same combo of shoe type and Superfeet and things are generally hunky dory.  Used to be I was told I was a moderate OPer, but more neutral shoes tend to work better for me.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

dennrunner

Ha, I wouldn't be at all surprised.  I think my legs/feet just randomly decide to do different things on a whim.  I've given up trying to figure them out.  I just keep buying the same combo of shoe type and Superfeet and things are generally hunky dory.  Used to be I was told I was a moderate OPer, but more neutral shoes tend to work better for me.

Ah, so that's why you're fastened to crank arms and pedals so much now.  You need the guidance.