Sub 40 10k (Read 685 times)

Eustace Tierney

YoYo

Anyone hoping to do their first sub 40 10k. What sort of training are you doing?

"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." Goals: Keep on running!

You might try the 10K Training Group.
        hey man, yep, I am currently training for a Sub 40 10k (as well as a full marathon), currently in my training I am hitting the 40:30 - 41:00, although that all well and good (a few months ago it took all I had to break 43:00) these 10k training runs are pretty much race pace, so to take a full minute off that will still be a challenge on the 27th(April) when I go to compete on a 10k road race. Basically what I have been doing is getting in atleast 2 of these intense 10k training runs in per week, in addition to the occassional 5k at an all out race pace(once every week or so), becasue I am also training for a full marahon, I like to get atleast one long run in (20k, sometimes a 30k) per week, relaxing the pace considerably, usually in the 7:30 mile range. A friend of mine mentioned interval type training, where he would basically warm up a bit, then run about as fast and hard as he could for about as long as he could(at that pace), then walk and/or jog to get the heart rate down again for the next speed run, doing this about 4 or 5 times in a row. I havn't tried this method yet, but I fingure I will have to once I decide to aim for Sub 38 10k Dead good luck man, find what works for you and go with that.

Oh Mighty Wing

I really admire people who can use the phrase relaxing pace and 7:30mm in the same sentence.... man you fast people are cool!! Big grin