Boston Marathon results 80-90s? (Read 160 times)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Does anyone know a good source for Boston Marathon race results from the 80 and 90s?  86-95 or something?  I'm looking to confirm the only semi-credible results from a braggart friend who is known to share Paul Ryan's memory, but also has the fitness history that might be able to pull his claims off.

He'd be a mid-packer: not someone in the top 50 or anything.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

mikeymike

I don't think they are online anywhere. Tom Derderian probably has all the old results. You could send him a FB message.

Runners run

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Yeah, I think my other option is traveling to the Boston Public Library.  Thanks, MM.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Another idea is to contact BAA directly: 617-236-1652 (acc to their website). For all I know, maybe they have pdfs or Excel files of each year's results they could email you. --Christine H.

xhristopher

Yeah, I think my other option is traveling to the Boston Public Library.  Thanks, MM.

Save yourself the trip. I'm sure the Globe has been digitized. Go to your big Chicago library and ask a librarian to point you to the resource.

delicate flower

Well the BAA's website says this:

We are currently working on posting archived results from 1897 - 2000. If you wish to inquire about a result between these years, please contact media@baa.org

<3

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Heh, I stopped reading at "working on . . ." figuring that's probably been there since the website was started.

Thanks for the suggestion guys, I'll give my options a whirl.