"Pink Slime" in 70% of U.S. Ground Beef (Read 1364 times)

That dude has a way with words.

"Escamoles are the eggs of the giant black Liometopum ant, which makes its home in the root systems of maguey and agave plants. Collecting the eggs is a uniquely unpleasant job, since the ants are highly venomous and have some kind of blood grudge against human orifices.

The eggs have the consistency of cottage cheese. The most popular way to eat them is in a taco with guacamole, while being fucking insane."

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

And that's just the first food.

xor

I always thought an escamole was a snow gopher.  Huh.

A Saucy Wench

I always thought an escamole was a snow gopher.  Huh.

OK, I laughed

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

And that's just the first food.

can we call them "food" please? 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Substance, then.

That pink slime is starting to look pretty delicious.

when you consider Haggis didn't make his top 6... yeah. 

Feeling the growl again

http://www.cracked.com/article_14979_the-6-most-terrifying-foods-in-world.html

Awesome.  Thanks for this.  Being half Scottish I'm not sure how haggis is not up there.

The Phillipino eggs deserve the spot they earned.  One of my college XC teammates married someone of Phillipino descent.  All of his groomsmen ate those things at the rehearsal dinner.  Good stories.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

obsessor

This thread is awesome. For my part, I think it is morally defensible to eat meat when you hunt (or raise it), kill, butcher and eat it. Else you pay someone else to do your dirty work. Every human who eats meat owes it to themselves to do this. If you could not do it yourself... perhaps you do not really believe it is OK to eat meat? You will also learn that storebought meat can be pretty disgusting. You need to really mishandle your meat to get it to look like a pile of cheap hamburger at the grocery store. That said, I do not always live my Ideal.
                    obsessor

http://www.cracked.com/article_14979_the-6-most-terrifying-foods-in-world.html

There isn't anything wrong with lutefisk. It is actually quite a dull tasteless food. But I sure as hell don't eat jello.

#artbydmcbride

I can't even stand to handle raw chicken.  I buy mine already roasted at the market.  mmmm hot rotisserie chicken.  Cool

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

This thread is awesome. For my part, I think it is morally defensible to eat meat when you hunt (or raise it), kill, butcher and eat it. Else you pay someone else to do your dirty work. Every human who eats meat owes it to themselves to do this. If you could not do it yourself... perhaps you do not really believe it is OK to eat meat? You will also learn that storebought meat can be pretty disgusting. You need to really mishandle your meat to get it to look like a pile of cheap hamburger at the grocery store. That said, I do not always live my Ideal.

+1.  People have lost touch with what it takes to put the food on their plate.

Growing up we raised our own meat and had it butchered.  For years now most of the meat we eat at home I've taken myself in the field and processed in my own kitchen.  It's delicious.  But we buy store beef for guests whom I don't know for sure will want to eat game meat.  I can barely stand store bought hamburger, unless it's the really expensive stuff.  I don't understand why people would want to eat that and not my nice lean, carefully cleaned game meat.  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

There isn't anything wrong with lutefisk.

Lutefisk, Lutefisk

Lefse, Lefse,

We're from Ballard High School

Ya sure, ya betcha

Ballard High School is in a large Scandinavian neighborhood in Seattle

Other schools would sing this they played Ballard in the 50's and 60's

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn