Garmin Down! (Read 277 times)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Ransomware...this could take a long while. Canyon bikes in Germany was hit around the new year and they were down for several weeks.

Unless your watch is very old, it will store several weeks of data. No need to manually upload every day (not saying you would, just pointing out for others)

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

CalBears

i'm very new to the Garmin Connect world...only a few weeks in, so i understand i can manually input my runs or import them directly from the watch, but are you guys thinking that whenever Garmin works this all out everything will load from the watch and the app will have all of the previous day's activities/steps.... etc??

Yes. Though - not thinking - knowing...

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

I am not used to not getting any likes for my shitty performance. Doesnt happen at work nor at home. It feels like something is missing, big time.

I am thinking of going back to Facebook!!!

HM: 1:47 (9/20) I FM: 3:53:11 (9/23)

2024 Goals: run a FM & HM + stay healthy!

dpschumacher

3 months til Masters

I mean, can we just have 1 nice thing during this stupid year!?

2023 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 (CIM) 2:41:18

10k Sub 35:00 (Victory 10k 34:19)

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 1:16 Half Marathon  City of Lakes Half Marathon 1:15:47)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 2:37 Marathon

Sub 1:15 Half

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k

mikeymike

Or...don't do anything. Leave the workout on the device until all is back up and running..and it will flow through in a few days.

That's a lot of confidence in a company whose entire tech stack just got owned by some cyber criminals. And its trivially easy to upload via a cable, which also serves the purpose of charging your watch.

Runners run

mikeymike

Farewell and adieu to you to fair Spanish ladies

Farewell and adieu to you ladies of Spain

For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston

And so nevermore shall we see you again.

THANK YOU

Runners run

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I am not used to not getting any likes for my shitty performance. Doesnt happen at work nor at home. It feels like something is missing, big time.

I am thinking of going back to Facebook!!!

You need to post more frequently.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

delicate flower

I am guessing Garmin's answer to this will be that all of our devices are out of warranty and we need to buy new ones?

<3

evanflein

Any tips on how to find my Garmin on my new Mac? It used to show up as a separate drive on my old mac, but this one, running Catalina OS 10.15.5, I can't find it anywhere. I have a USB adapter to plug it in because this Mac (MacBook Pro) doesn't have USB ports.

mikeymike

Any tips on how to find my Garmin on my new Mac? It used to show up as a separate drive on my old mac, but this one, running Catalina OS 10.15.5, I can't find it anywhere. I have a USB adapter to plug it in because this Mac (MacBook Pro) doesn't have USB ports.

No idea. I'm on a macbook pro running 10.15.1 but there are 2 usb ports on my external monitor. I plug into one of those and when I click "choose files" it's just there. The garmin is on the left panel under "locations", the "activity" folder is already open and the most recent .FIT file is right on top.

Runners run

Bad link. See next post and will try again

I intend to live forever . . . or die trying.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/07/how-to-upload-your-garmin-workout-during-the-outage.html

I intend to live forever . . . or die trying.

i sure hope this is related to the outage, but now my watch is freezing on saving/discarding any new activity. it also didn't calculate a distance this morning even though GPS was connected Sad

https://www.instagram.com/tfilarski/

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

I remember running a fall marathon in 2015 and I somehow forgot to charge my Garmin up the night before. Sure enough at the start line my 305 warned me that battery was low....and by mile 2 it was completely dead. The next few miles was pure panic....but then it actually became ok and almost therapeutic for the rest of the race not constantly looking at my watch and I ended up finishing in 3rd place and receiving a £50 voucher iirc (it was obviously a low-key race). Because of that experience I trained pretty much 90% watchless for my Spring marathon in 2016 and posted my workouts manually on RA. (I already knew the distance of all my routes)

Of course you have the running nerds who say....if it’s not on Strava it didn’t happen!  Yeah ok. lolololol.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

I remember running a fall marathon in 2015 and I somehow forgot to charge my Garmin up the night before. Sure enough at the start line my 305 warned me that battery was low....and by mile 2 it was completely dead. The next few miles was pure panic....but then it actually became ok and almost therapeutic for the rest of the race not constantly looking at my watch and I ended up finishing in 3rd place and receiving a £50 voucher iirc (it was obviously a low-key race). Because of that experience I trained pretty much 90% watchless for my Spring marathon in 2016 and posted my workouts manually on RA. (I already knew the distance of all my routes)

Of course you have the running nerds who say....if it’s not on Strava it didn’t happen!  Yeah ok. lolololol.

That's a nice story and all, but I'm more concerned a wearing a $300 brick on my wrist.

https://www.instagram.com/tfilarski/