Garmin Down! (Read 277 times)

Prince of Fatness

The Garmin app on my phone is both showing the message about the server being down and simultaneously uploading my workouts and displaying them for me.

This is also my experience as of this morning.

Not at it at all. 

SMART Approach

Garmin has now sent my runs to Strava but I still don't see them on Garmin Connect. I guess that is a good sign.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Altair5

Runs in the rain

When I connected my watch with the USB this morning my data appeared on Garmin Connect and was automatically imported to Strava!  Looks like the issue has been resolved, although I did not see the usual weather information displayed.

Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
        Get up, get out, get out of the door!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I can sync my watch, but Garmin Connect is still inaccessible.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

The Garmin app on my phone is both showing the message about the server being down and simultaneously uploading my workouts and displaying them for me.

No syncing yet, but I get this:

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

On my Connect phone app, I still get a message at the top of the screen that says "Sorry,we're down for maintenance. Check back shortly." But my missing workouts have uploaded and transferred to my log on RunningAhead.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

an amazing likeness

The Garmin Connect status page is giving pretty good info as the services come back to life.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

On my Connect phone app, I still get a message at the top of the screen that says "Sorry,we're down for maintenance. Check back shortly." But my missing workouts have uploaded and transferred to my log on RunningAhead.

i saw those too. i think you have to dismiss them by swiping.

https://www.instagram.com/tfilarski/

my FR 245, yet again, did not calculate pace and is now hung up on the saving screen Sad i even deleted about a month's worth of activity frmo the watch

I wonder if Garmin users have considered paying the ransom themselves? It would be less than $1 each.

BUT, as the FBI sez, only 30% of the time when such a ransom is paid does the control of the software return...

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

my FR 245, yet again, did not calculate pace and is now hung up on the saving screen Sad i even deleted about a month's worth of activity frmo the watch

Did you do a hard reset?

Dave

Did you do a hard reset?

Is that holding down the light button for 15 seconds?

Is that holding down the light button for 15 seconds?

It depends on the model, but often that’s the soft reset - just turning it off. The hard reset involves holding some combination of buttons that you can look up in the user manual.

Dave

Zsuzsi

So now Garmin is back up and I can see the runs that happened during the outage in Garmin Connect. Yet they didn't load into RA. The runs I did yesterday and today did, but not the ones on Thursday-Sunday. Will they come over in time? Or should I just enter them manually?

an amazing likeness

So now Garmin is back up and I can see the runs that happened during the outage in Garmin Connect. Yet they didn't load into RA. The runs I did yesterday and today did, but not the ones on Thursday-Sunday. Will they come over in time? Or should I just enter them manually?

I'd enter them manually into your RA log, and if they do end up getting exported by Garmin Connect at some point...then import the data and delete the duplicate manual entries. Keep in mind the data files from Garmin Connect -- if or when -- will sit pending in your RA inbox until you act on them.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.