I have never been so happy to leave ads up... (Read 742 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm at least 1/4 Scot...that should count for something! Tongue

WIlliam Wallace or Fat Bastard? 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

WIlliam Wallace or Fat Bastard? 

Barnard...my mom was adopted and found out that her bio mom was related in some way to the siblings who founded Barnard College (Martha Stewart's alma mater).  Apparently there was some connection to some Stevenson's from the bit the investigator was able to dig up about my mom's ancestry.  I like to think that Robert Louis Stevenson might have been a relative.

But I will go with William Wallace.  Or perhaps Robert Roy MacGregor (love that movie).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I can't wait to be back in the States. All of mine are in Japanese Roll eyes Absolutely no clue what they're for. Wonder if they'd be different with the VPN on...hmmm. 

mta: Oh wait, now they're in English. Apparently I need to "reclaim my brain." Wow, that's not good. 

Slice

All I get are these:

RunningAHEAD.com is free for everyone to use but its servers cost money to operate.

Please consider purchasing an Ad Free Subscription to support continuing development of RunningAHEAD.com

I finally turned my ads off. I turned them back on today in hopes I would get something more entertaining. Nope. Turning them back off now. Too bad there's not an option to only show interesting ads. Boo.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Now I have Aer Lingus ads...probably from thinking about what I'd do if I won the Powerball jackpot.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

All I get are these:

RunningAHEAD.com is free for everyone to use but its servers cost money to operate.

Please consider purchasing an Ad Free Subscription to support continuing development of RunningAHEAD.com

I finally turned my ads off. I turned them back on today in hopes I would get something more entertaining. Nope. Turning them back off now. Too bad there's not an option to only show interesting ads. Boo.

That means you have an ad blocking software running.  Instead of turning your ads off and on in RA you have to go to the adblock software and enable ads only for this site.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

wbudde

I swear that I saw an ad about pole dancing. Maybe, I was still asleep?

No - it was real - I saw it too.  It was for a company that sells "professional" pole-dancing poles, complete with installation.

Couldn't convince my wife we needed one...

xor

That means you have an ad blocking software running.  Instead of turning your ads off and on in RA you have to go to the adblock software and enable ads only for this site.

Not always.  I have no ad blocking software and I got the placeholder ads all day today while I was traveling.  Not sure why.  Now that I'm back at home, I get regular ol ads.

I missed the pole dancing one and for that I am thankful.

Village people

No - it was real - I saw it too.  It was for a company that sells "professional" pole-dancing poles, complete with installation.

Couldn't convince my wife we needed one...

You need to have just the right place for one of those.

Singer who runs a smidge

I saw an ad once for a beard beanie from Fab.  I thought it was the funniest thing ever.  And now I am going to buy one for my nephew for Christmas.  I am slightly Blush that the ad actually worked ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Wing

Joggaholic

Not always.  I have no ad blocking software and I got the placeholder ads all day today while I was traveling.  Not sure why.  Now that I'm back at home, I get regular ol ads.

I missed the pole dancing one and for that I am thankful.

I turned on the ads yesterday, nothing but placeholders, but today I'm getting something, looks like that's a one-day delay? I'm not sure I like my ads though.

"Is Your Loved One Struggling with Drug or Alcohol Addiction? Call For Help!"

I want to see the pole dancing one...

Meat Wagon

Puker

KHAN!!!!

I laughed at this last night and I laughed again today. Shatner's overacting is the gift that keeps on giving.

Feel sick and dirty, more dead than alive.

Meat Wagon

Puker

OK. What's behind the female attraction to Ewan? I'd like to think it was because of Trainspotting, but my suspicion is that it's because of Moulin Rouge. Just please don't tell me it's because he was a Jedi, because he was a fairly shitty Jedi.

Feel sick and dirty, more dead than alive.

xor

That was a two level joke.

The OTHER level was the potential for overamped message board drama to little things.

Whenever people perceive my posts to be angry or something like that, I tell them to read it with a funny accent.  Another way to read them is with... William Shatner's.... style of... DELIVERY.

Prince of Fatness

This guy looks happy, too.

Not sure what I did to deserve this, but thanks!

Not at it at all.