... and neither do ferrets. (Read 1332 times)

I admit I got bored with the article and went back to stare at the picture for a bit

I have to agree with this...the picture is much more entertaining than the article...

Kalsarikännit

They are, in biological terms, what’s called a noncursorial species, meaning that they are reluctant and lousy distance runners.

I have more in common with ferrets than I previously thought.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

I don't know if it's fair to compare a ferret's distance running to a dog.  I guess it depends on the dog.  A wiener dog sure... not so much on a husky.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

They are, in biological terms, what’s called a noncursorial species, meaning that they are reluctant and lousy distance runners.

I have more in common with ferrets than I previously thought.

I think my mother is a ferret...and my father smells of elderberries.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Best Present Ever

And no one ever let them in on a little secret: the first 2 miles ALWAYS suck.  If someone had told me that WAY back when I was in HS and refused to try XC it probably would have made all the difference.  I figured if a 1 mile warm-up sucked that it would only get worse.  When I figured this out in my 30s I mentioned this to my MIL (a long-time runner) and she agreed that the first 2 are almost never enjoyable.  WHY did she never tell me this during the times in my 20s when I would start and stop running after a few weeks?  I'm a GOTR coach, now...this is something I have made sure to mention to the girls when they are struggling.

I tell people that all the time and they take it a sign of my lunacy. People will tell me they force themselves to crank out two miles on the treadmill, but 'hate running.'  I can't imagine anything worse than two miles on the treadmill.  

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I can't imagine anything worse than two miles on the treadmill.  

Truth.  Indoor cardio of any type really blows.  Hamster wheel...ick.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay