Before and NOW pictures! (Read 22618 times)

Another Passion

Freakin' awesome, Dave! Here I had this impression you had always been a fitness nut with as active as your whole family is. I had no idea you were... well... HUGE. Well done, my Canadian friend! You inspired me through your Columbus efforts and, I am inspired even more now.

Rick
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

A Saucy Wench

Great job Dave!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Go Pre!

Freakin' awesome, Dave! Here I had this impression you had always been a fitness nut with as active as your whole family is. I had no idea you were... well... HUGE. Well done, my Canadian friend! You inspired me through your Columbus efforts and, I am inspired even more now.
        I had never been a fitness nut - until recently. I was in good shape as a youth due to my active interest in all sports. Since my early 20's though, Golf, and once a week hockey had been the extent of my exercise and it finally caught up to me. On occasion I tried to get back in shape but got turned off running due to the fact I didn;t realize C25K was supposed to be a drawn out task. I thought maybe my ankles, knees and lungs were f**&^%'d so I never stuck with it. Once I got past that barrier I fell in love with fitness. Since I started running consistently (April '06) I have run in 28 races - it will be 30 after this weekend's HM and my 3rd full M in 2 weeks. 40 yrs old.... and loving it! Being a part of this site has helped ... as there are so many inspiring people hangin' 'round here Cool
        runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Does anyone one else keep track of the number races you have run? I have run 18 Peachtree(10k) and 4 marathons but other than that I have no clue. I have no more room for T-shirts. Cool

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

skinnycaponesugar

WOW DADDYO! you look great Wink

Love, Run, Sleep

Dave

Awesome, Dave. Absolutely awesome.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

DAD - DY - O! DAMN.

Go Pre!

hehe - just noticed one of my 'before pics' shows the ol' dirty habit....smokes! Ugh, so nasty. 3 years later, so glad we kicked those!
                    Hey my Mom is from the Soo too (fun to say that soo too). Go Blue! Great job everyone, very inspirational! -Kirt
                    HEY! I'm from the Soo Smile
                      Awesome job guys! This is my favorite thread on RA... so inspiring.
                      mom2three

I finally just caught up to this thread. Great job people! Those pictures are amazing!!!!!!
                        Jill

Life is Good

Awesome Awesome Awesome! It doesn't always come off easy but man when it does it feels and looks great!

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

ok here it goes Before... After Club holiday party Youngstown 1/2 marathon
                              Damn, John... You look like two totally different people - seriously. Way to go, man.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

The Greatest of All Time

Yes, Damn John....well done, well done indeed. Very inspiring.
                                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.