Before and NOW pictures! (Read 22618 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

wow! great thread! Kirsten I was stunned when I saw your before photos too. Amazing work. I am excited that running can do so much to help weight and even the amount of time that you can drop off of your pace. I was worried that I would always be a slow poke Smile
    Thanks! But I can't credit running with my weight loss at all. I haven't lost a single pound with running (even though it was my primary reason for starting). I lost my weight by watching carbs (cutting out all white flour, white sugar, white rice, potatoes--high glycemic carbs...eating lots of veggies and low-glycemic fruits, instead) and calories very carefully. I had tried the low-fat thing for years but all I lost was sanity and will to live. By the end of the day the blood sugar fluctuations had me wanting to gnaw my arm off. The only reason I can eat "normal" levels of carbs now is because I am actually burning them off at a regular rate. I come from a family of people with blood sugar issues and was well on my way to type 2, myself, if I hadn't reined things in when I did. About a year ago a good friend of mine was diagnosed and seeing what she has to deal with makes me so thankful that I took control when I did.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks! But I can't credit running with my weight loss at all. I haven't lost a single pound with running (even though it was my primary reason for starting). I lost my weight by watching carbs (cutting out all white flour, white sugar, white rice, potatoes--high glycemic carbs...eating lots of veggies and low-glycemic fruits, instead) and calories very carefully. I had tried the low-fat thing for years but all I lost was sanity and will to live. By the end of the day the blood sugar fluctuations had me wanting to gnaw my arm off. The only reason I can eat "normal" levels of carbs now is because I am actually burning them off at a regular rate. I come from a family of people with blood sugar issues and was well on my way to type 2, myself, if I hadn't reined things in when I did. About a year ago a good friend of mine was diagnosed and seeing what she has to deal with makes me so thankful that I took control when I did.
      ditto that - and worth repeating!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

Eryn

Tricia. {picks jaw up off floor} Shocked Damn, girl. I'm inspired.

Some runners drag a tire. I drag a Great Pyrenees.

Me and my gang in Breck

Not that I don't majorly appreciate the compliments ( Big grin), but I want to see some OTHER before and afters ... I know you guys have 'em! ... so lemme see 'em! Smile
          It's amazing how you can change your life never mind the way you look and feel. Great job Trishie!!!!! I have great pictures but I don't know how to post them. Mark

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Neitzsche "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." "Dedication and commitment are what transfer dreams into reality."

Are you sure that is the same lady? Shocked You look great in both pictures. Round 2 Edgy Somewhat Marbled (what modal likes Wink ) 2 Lean Okay, I will stop there Tongue ******************************************************* I attribute a majority of my weight loss (around 30 pounds) to my diet switch to beans, vegetables, and water. Cutting out soda alone from my consumption habits got me down 10 pounds. When I was in college, I always wanted to weight 220. Back in the early 00’s I got to 220, but I did not have the body composition I wanted… more fat then I liked. I started my undergraduate days in the 170's and wore 32" shorts/jeans that were loose. I stacked on the pounds working full time and going to graduate school. I will have to see what I can scrounge up for my round to semi edgy pictures. ******************************************************* June 2003 (~220lbs maybe more... photo taken of a photo) Sept 30, 2006 (~180lbs, I weight more now)

Vim

Nice job, Modal - congrats on your weight loss. BTW - you were looking a little green there for awhile - glad you're feeling better Big grin

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

Wow, Modal --- what a change in your face! ... you look so much younger Shocked
                2009: BQ?

Dog-Love

Are those your hands on your shoulder Modal??? Because I LOVE the nail polish!
                  Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                    Very nice! Such a difference. Smile Congratulations!

Michelle

Are those your hands on your shoulder Modal??? Because I LOVE the nail polish!
                      They are not my hands! The hand actually from a Marilyn Monroe impersonator who was working out at some women's exhibit at Dallas Fair Park.

Vim

Anyone have pizza?

Wow. You ARE a hottie! And to think all this time I was running that trail in Maryland last month....I should have been running towards your house!!! Smile...... oh yeah, that's right I forgot there was a boyfriend.... Anyway, all flirting aside,,,,,,GREAT WORK!!!! Big grin

Anyone have pizza?

Me and my RP

Adding mine because I'm past my goal but trying for just a few more pounds.. Me at 231 lbs Me at 128, trying to get a full length shot in my size 2sSmile Great job on your weight loss!! You look fantastic! However, I thought you looked great before, tooSmile
                            Wow Marion --- that' AMAZING!! Love the after picture ---- you are such a cutie!
                            2009: BQ?
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Me at 128, trying to get a full length shot in my size 2sSmile
                              Wow, girl, I'd be flaunting those 2s, too! How long did it take you to lose that weight and how did you do it? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay