Before and NOW pictures! (Read 22618 times)

Marion, that's an amazing tranformation- you look great! Congrats Smile
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Me and my RP

Wow Marion --- that' AMAZING!! Love the after picture ---- you are such a cutie!
      Thanks!Smile It's hard to get a pic of yourself in jeans, isn't it??Smile

Me and my RP

Wow, girl, I'd be flaunting those 2s, too! How long did it take you to lose that weight and how did you do it? k
        I started trying to lose it in April of '05. I lost 30 lbs just by cutting out soda and walking. I walked maybe once a day for 15 mins. In June, I started the couch 2 5k program and ran my first 5k in September of '05. I made it down to 170 by then, so 60 lbs in 5 months. Decided to have breast reduction surgery that month and was sidelined for 2 months. Gained a smidge back being off my feet and recovering. Started back to running and got down to 150 by the summer of '06 and stayed there for a bit until I broke my ankle running in Sept of that year. Again, off my feet for 2 months and gained a bit back. Started back at the beginning of this year and got back down into the 150s and started running very seriously. I hit 130 and got a stress fracture, was off for 7 weeks and managed to actually keep the weight off by swimming everyday. So, in total, it's taken me nearly 2.5 years to get to my current weight. My goal weight the entire time was to just get to 150. But anyone that's lost a lot of weight knows, your initial goal weight isn't always where you want to be when you finally get thereSmile I hit my goal weight about year after I started. Readjusted my goal and now I have about 4 lbs to go. Aside from running, I cut my calories from a whopping 3500-4500 cals a day to 1300-1500 a day gradually. I don't eat red meat (and this really doesn't have much to do with dieting, I'm just not a fan). And yes, I drink soda but I only drink Coke Zero or seltzer water. Entirely too much info, huh??Smile Having said all that, I wouldn't have lost any weight without the running. It's a form of exercise I actually love to do. I look forward to doing it. I'm truly annoyed on the days I have to take off (such as today).
          Amazing - that took a lot of hard work - congrats!!! Love the pictures and flaunt those 2's - you've earned it Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

va

Trishie, Modal, Marion, You all look great!!! Marion, great story. I am impressed with your persistence.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Decided to have breast reduction surgery that month and was sidelined for 2 months.
              Isn't that the best procedure EVER?! I went under the knife going on 4 years ago, now. No way I could have run pre-surgery.
              My goal weight the entire time was to just get to 150. But anyone that's lost a lot of weight knows, your initial goal weight isn't always where you want to be when you finally get thereSmile I hit my goal weight about year after I started. Readjusted my goal and now I have about 4 lbs to go.
              I have readjusted my goal several times. I think it was initially 150, then 135, now it's 123. I'm ~139, now.
              I wouldn't have lost any weight without the running. It's a form of exercise I actually love to do. I look forward to doing it. I'm truly annoyed on the days I have to take off (such as today).
              It's funny, I haven't lost a pound running (it makes me ravenous and also encourages a lot of "I ran, so I deserve this" eating), but I love it and just need to rein in my eating. Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

To JustMarion, WOW.
                Runners around the state are getting better today ...are you one of them? TRAIN HARD
                  Marion, that is truly wonderful! Smile

Michelle

You'll ruin your knees!

To JustMarion, WOW.
                    To all of you, WOW! Incredibly inspiring, all of you! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

JustMarion, You look FANTASTIC!!!! Congrats on the 100+ pound loss!
                      "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian
                      btb1490

To all of you, WOW! Incredibly inspiring, all of you! Lynn B
                        Ditto that! Congrats everyone! Very admirable and inspiring!
                          Congratulations to everyone! I realized I had a digital photo at one of my heavier times and wanted to post too! This was in 1999; my heaviest recorded weight in 2003 was 234 lbs but I think I was close to that here, if not even heavier. This is me holding steady around 140 lbs. I've been from 140-150 for about 2 years now.
                          2008 Goals
                        • Run 1250 miles
                        • Get down to 135!
                        • Break 5 hours in the NJ Marathon
                          • 234 to 140... that's like loosing a small person! reneemc, great job!

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

234 to 140... that's like loosing a small person! reneemc, great job!
                              No joke! Renee, that's outstanding! You don't even look like the same woman! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay