Before and NOW pictures! (Read 22619 times)

Bravo !!!!  Awesome transformation.  What a gift !

before and after

left is 2008, right is 2011.

- Anya

Zelanie

Nova, you both look great!

HappyFeat

Nova - What an achievement - Herculean even! Wow! Are you both runners?

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

novastrider

Nova - What an achievement - Herculean even! Wow! Are you both runners?

Thanks.  Yes, we're both runners but my wife is currently having arthritis/bursitis issues and is unable to run.  I'm training for my 5th marathon.

running since 2010. PR: 5k 21:44, 10k - 44:33 42.2k - 3:51 2013 Goals 5k - sub 21:00, 10k - sub 45:00, 21.1k - 1:45, 42.2k - 3:20

Mmmmm...beer

Novastrider, great job, both of you!  It's so much better when you do it together.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Amazing transformations, Novastrider! You both look fantastic--congrats. Smile

rkid

Never before have i read such an inspirational thread! i am completely amazed by all of the people who have posted photos. Hopefully this time next year i can be in a position to contribute.

R

PBs:  5k: 20:30  |  10K: 44:55  | Half: 1:45:17

2013 Goals:  sub 20 for 5k  |  sub 45 for 10k  |  sub 1.45 for HM  

Recruiter57

Awesome job!!  I've through the same transformation in 2012. It's cool to see others have such great achievements!

robinde

I'm new here, but thought I'd share what led me here.  The before picture is me on Jan. 7, 2012 at 258lbs.  The after is me on Jan. 3 at 155lbs.  I still have about 10lbs more to go.  I've been using running and strength training as my exercise of choice.  I've done a couple of 5Ks and I'm working toward a half marathon for this April.  You'll see me around the forums looking for encouragement and advice.

Feeling the growl again

Just so I get this straight...you lost 103lbs in just under a year?

I'm speechless....  Shocked

I'm new here, but thought I'd share what led me here.  The before picture is me on Jan. 7, 2012 at 258lbs.  The after is me on Jan. 3 at 155lbs.  I still have about 10lbs more to go.  I've been using running and strength training as my exercise of choice.  I've done a couple of 5Ks and I'm working toward a half marathon for this April.  You'll see me around the forums looking for encouragement and advice.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

+1

Seriously...that is amazing. Great work. I love this thread!!!!

L Train

Wow, congratulations, that's awesome.

mta: actually, I haven't really checked this thread out much before....lots of great stories.

Resident Historian

+2

Neil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I'm here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. - Hunter S. Thompson

Better I Leave

Wow...Great job Robin. The sense of accomplishment feels great, don't it? Well done.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Robin, you lost 10 years from your face in that year!  You look like the 2012 you's baby sister!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay