Before and NOW pictures! (Read 22618 times)

David, that is awesome!

Michelle

Is that guy asking where the rest of you went? Big grin
      Maybe the rest of you is in that bag below him! Clowning around

Vim

Running safely

Is that guy asking where the rest of you went? Big grin Maybe the rest of you is in that bag below him! Clowning around
        Could be. Funny you mention that. When I first met him (he is a teenager in our church who has been with us for 3+ years) he saw the big me. He has been with me through the transformation. Thanks for the comments. I know it is inspiring to me to see other people's pictures, so I decided to slap mine up there.
          Well, I haven't been on the forums around here much.... or really at all. I didn't really even know they existed. I have been frequenting other forums even though I have been logging my running here on RunningAhead since July. It is really cool to see these transformations, so I figured I would add mine. Maybe I will poke around the forums a bit more now that I have found them. I will save all the details, you can find links to my details here (and some more pics): http://www.2big.org My basic details are: Was 258 with a waist of 46' last Christmas 2006. Currently 178 with a waist of 34' Loss of 80 lbs this past year Still 10 to go for my current goal, 10 more for my next goal, and maybe changing that once I get there Smile Started changing the walking to running in March, ran my first 5k in May (36:37) Ran multiple 5k's since then (running one today), one 10k, one 8k, and will be running my first half marathon in February. Current PR's 10k - 1:03:59 (July 4th) 8k - 40:09 (Dec 15) 5k - 25:02 (Dec 31) Half Marathon Distance (training only) - 2:07:33 (Dec 22) OK, now to the pics: Late 2006: Dec 20th: I hope to get around the forums a bit more if you all will have me Smile
          "Better to take the slow approach then the no approach."
          My Quest to a Marathon blog.262quest.com
            Well, I haven't been on the forums around here much.... or really at all. I didn't really even know they existed. I have been frequenting other forums even though I have been logging my running here on RunningAhead since July. It is really cool to see these transformations, so I figured I would add mine. Maybe I will poke around the forums a bit more now that I have found them. I will save all the details, you can find links to my details here (and some more pics): http://www.2big.org My basic details are: Was 258 with a waist of 46' last Christmas 2006. Currently 178 with a waist of 34' Loss of 80 lbs this past year Still 10 to go for my current goal, 10 more for my next goal, and maybe changing that once I get there Smile Started changing the walking to running in March, ran my first 5k in May (36:37) Ran multiple 5k's since then (running one today), one 10k, one 8k, and will be running my first half marathon in February. Current PR's 10k - 1:03:59 (July 4th) 8k - 40:09 (Dec 15) 5k - 25:02 (Dec 31) Half Marathon Distance (training only) - 2:07:33 (Dec 22) OK, now to the pics: Late 2006: Dec 20th: I hope to get around the forums a bit more if you all will have me Smile
            OF COURSE WE WILL HAVE YOU! come out of lurkland, and join the fun! To All of you: Nothing short of ASTOUNDING. As I sit here B****ing about my fat stomach, I am just amazed at the journey's you all have taken. I am so Inspired by all of you. Makes me want to run more than ever now.... GREAT JOB FRIENDS...... Cheffy

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Current PR's 10k - 1:03:59 (July 4th) 8k - 40:09 (Dec 15) 5k - 25:02 (Dec 31) Half Marathon Distance (training only) - 2:07:33 (Dec 22)
              You're kickin' butt.

Vim

va

Well, I haven't been on the forums around here much.... or really at all. I didn't really even know they existed. I have been frequenting other forums even though I have been logging my running here on RunningAhead since July.
                Way to do it. You look great! Keep going.
                  Thanks all, it has been a long journey, but well worth it all the way. I got a new PR today on my 5k, I am not sure my official time, I will have to wait till it gets posted tonight, but according to my watch which I had trouble getting to stop at the end, my time today was around 24:30 ish. give or take a couple seconds. Whooooo Hooooo! It was a nice run, called the chiller challenge.... but it was only 64 degrees Smile Hardly a chiller. By the way, how do I get the forum to send me e-mails when there is a reply? I couldn't find it.
                  "Better to take the slow approach then the no approach."
                  My Quest to a Marathon blog.262quest.com

Slow-smooth-fast

Just in case any of you guys missed my thread here are my pics: NOW Now: Put a bit back on over xmas, so a little heavier now.Still not were I wanna be, another 20 lbs or so.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Yep, Eddy that is pretty dang amazing! Good for you. Jilly PS .....and thank you for what you did in the mileage groups.
                      "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

Dave

Eddy, you never cease to amaze me. That is fabulous. My wife told me you look like a model. Of course, I'm not entirely sure what you're doing with that hand in your pocket Shocked

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

obiebyke

Nice threads, Eddy. I want that belt! Smile Oh, and you're lookin' slim and handsome. Blush

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Slow-smooth-fast

Nice threads, Eddy. I want that belt! Smile Oh, and you're lookin' slim and handsome. Blush
                            thankyou very much, appreciated. Took a lot of work, but it is worth it. Just got back from 19 MILER, xmas pud should be off in no time.
                            Eddy, you never cease to amaze me. That is fabulous. My wife told me you look like a model. Of course, I'm not entirely sure what you're doing with that hand in your pocket Shocked
                            It is there to hold in my flab!lol

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

I love this thread. Congrats all of you!
                                My weight loss isn't nearly as amazing as everyone else in this thread but since that's how my return to running began in '06, I figured I'd share. Me in 2003 at 5'7 and around 190-195 lbs. A blurry picture, but this is me a few weeks ago at about 154 lbs.