Before and NOW pictures! (Read 22618 times)

Dog-Love

Wow Chris!!!! Lookin' lean...and fast! I love before and after pictures! Is the "before girl" still in the picture?
    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Slow-smooth-fast

well done westward. One question, has the weight loss had a great impace on your racing times? How much so? I ask because, I am currently still losing weight, and my goal for this year was to break 20 for the 5K. Yesterday in a training run I ran 18:57. I now have my sights on breaking 18, then 17 etc, ad I still want to lose another 16 lbs.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Wow Chris!!!! Lookin' lean...and fast! I love before and after pictures! Is the "before girl" still in the picture?
        Thanks! The before girl is definitely still in the picture. That's my wife, Sarah. Big grin
          well done westward. One question, has the weight loss had a great impace on your racing times? How much so? I ask because, I am currently still losing weight, and my goal for this year was to break 20 for the 5K. Yesterday in a training run I ran 18:57. I now have my sights on breaking 18, then 17 etc, ad I still want to lose another 16 lbs.
          Thanks Eddy! Losing the weight definitely helped to improve my racing times quite a bit. Before losing it, I used to struggle to run a 5k in 21-22 minutes. Now I'm running a 5k around 17:30 or so and hope to break 17 sometime this year. I've heard that each lb you lose cuts about 2 seconds off of your mile splits when it comes to racing. Not sure if there's scientific evidence to back that up but it sounds good to me! Big grin Congratulations on the awesome 5k PR yesterday! You've done an incredible job of losing weight and it really is amazing to look at your before and after pics. Be careful not to lose too much more weight, though. Anything below 6-7% body fat becomes dangerous and unhealthy. Chris

Another Passion

I am so Inspired by all of you. Makes me want to run more than ever now.... GREAT JOB FRIENDS...... Cheffy
            Here, here! Because of many of these inpiring stories of discipline and hard work, I registered for my first marathon in April. Thanks a lot you knuckleheads! Big grin Honestly though, the stories and people here are amazing and I am glad to be associated with all of you through RA. Y'all amaze me! Cool

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

westward13, looking good dude (musk-cles on them legs!). I hope you consulted you wife before losing a quarter of yourself Wink aka giving her a little less to love Big grin. rvelich, yeah I thought I'd put the half marathon off last year.... now I'm signed up for a full also... which I hope turns out to be a dream...

Vim

Another Passion

rvelich, yeah I thought I'd put the half marathon off last year.... now I'm signed up for a full also... which I hope turns out to be a dream...
                Better it turn out to be a dream than a nightmare, Modal. Big grin

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com

obiebyke

Wow, Westward. You're CUTE! Blush Nice going.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Just Be

Congrats on the comeback westward! We are in very similar situations, except I'm trying to break the 4 minute mile, hopefully before I turn 30, that gives me 4 years. Smile I still haven't broken 5 yet, but I'm going to give it a go next month and hope for the best. I started running again in Sept 2007 after about 4 years off. We could link each others' websites if you want! Smile Best of luck to you with your goal, I read on your site that you're only a few seconds away! Nice job! EDIT: Just found your PR section, you already broke 5!! Nice! Smile How many months did it take you from the time you started up again? Just curious because we seem to be of about the same ability and your answer will help me guage my own progress. Also, when I started up again 5 months ago, I could barely run a mile in under 9:30, what about you?
                      Agreed! Big grin
                      2009: BQ?

Lazy idiot

Westward, I'm not going to say you're cute. Big grin But I will say it looks like you've done a heck of a job! (and I'll also say that I should really join you guys for a CRC Saturday morning run one of these weekends)

Tick tock

Everyone looks cute blurry. But that's a cool photo.
                            Thanks for all the compliments! Blush You're pretty damn cute yourself, Trishie. Is it a bad thing if I have a runningahead.com crush? Big grin
                              Westward, I'm not going to say you're cute. Big grin But I will say it looks like you've done a heck of a job! (and I'll also say that I should really join you guys for a CRC Saturday morning run one of these weekends)
                              Thanks, man! Promise me that you'll come for a Saturday morning run with us once the weather gets nice again. You're definitely ready!

Lazy idiot

Thanks, man! Promise me that you'll come for a Saturday morning run with us once the weather gets nice again. You're definitely ready!
                                I know they say they have varying paces and distances. You've been there... is it true? MTA: I don't want to show up and then get dusted and be stuck running the whole time by myself. I can do that at home. But I really do want to find people local to run with. I lurk over at the CRC board, and you guys who post there seem fun.

Tick tock