One YEAR year running and first 1000 miles (Read 728 times)

De-slacking in progress

First year running -started running the Couch to 5 K on April 1, 2008. Today on last long run before my Half Marathon run on April 19, 2009 I broke the 1000 miles ran (1008 miles) mark. Dropped 50# in the process. Big grin

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations! I thought you'd been around longer than that! Good luck on your HM - be sure to write a detailed race report! Smile

Nice work! Feels good, doesn't it?

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Certifiably Insane

Great job! Smile 2 terrific milestones at once! That's really something to be proud of. Let us know how the HM goes!
          On the road since 1978! "To be good is not enough when you dream of being great." I am not obsessed! I'm just INTENSE! "Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool." Why? Because race results stay on Google forever! (Reasonably recent) PR's: 5K - 16:40 10K - 35:04 HM - 1:18:30
          theyapper

On the road again...

Really great work, Slap! Hope you enjoy that HM! Wow...50 pounds... Amazing.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Great job on...well.. everything. The 50lbs, the 1000 miles, and the half that youa re going to rock!

Chris
              PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Prince of Fatness

Great job, Slappy! Good luck with your race. I'm looking forward to your report.

Not at it at all. 

I like your choice of start date. It makes it easy to remember, and somehow starting anything on April Fool's and sticking with it seems more impressive. Well done on your first thousand Slap, and here's to many more.

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.