Dear newcomers (Read 2570 times)

Don't forget the cookies, fudge, and wine.

And whine.

Chasing the bus

This thread is making me hungry.

I'm off to RWOL for some P&Q.

And SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM!

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
      Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

LRB

The time I just spent reading this thread is gone forever. 

As it is, there are some pretty level headed people here and as a result, this thread will go down in running forum lore as one of only a few train wrecks that righted itself.

As for the original post, no offense was taken.  We appreciate the gesture.

Ostrich runner

I wonder if we can get the training log coded up to include an enemies list?

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

The time I just spent reading this thread is gone forever. 

As it is, there are some pretty level headed people here and as a result, this thread will go down in running forum lore as one of only a few train wrecks that righted itself.

As for the original post, no offense was taken.  We appreciate the gesture.

As in Her Majesty's royal We?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Exchange George's glasses for a pipe and he and bhearn are the same person.  

Longtime user of the RA log, frequent reader of the forums, rare poster.  Maybe it's my meds, but I love everybody.  Big grin

Someone said about sixty pages ago that the general forums are the lobby and the party is in the side rooms.  That was perfect.  I took the original post as saying essentially that, but it's also damn near impossible to hurt my feelings.  Please don't test that.  

Keep your penguins out of the lobby and no one will get hurt.  

Yeah, well...sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

runfoolery

Our group isn't secret though! It's not even password protected - what's the fun in that? Hell, it can't be the cool kids -- I'M in it!!! Get real!

not lazy, just tired

No worries, new peeps. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED.

resistance is futile.

Not if it makes sense.

bhearn

Anyway, I know a great many RAers in real life, bhearn a bit better than most.  If his post does not come across as super welcoming, then, perhaps read it with a funny accent if that helps.

So wait, you're saying I have a funny accent? Well it's true; I am originally an Okie.

A Saucy Wench

I have lots of funny accents.  By the time I was done at monkey I was speaking Boston/Philly/Southern all at once.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Jane

Did someone say wine?  I'm more of a Moscato person myself, but you had me at the word "wine".  Smile

So you like Sweet?

Never run, if you want to never run, don't start because you'll never stop.

LRB

<---------- wine head

xor

So wait, you're saying I have a funny accent? Well it's true; I am originally an Okie.

Not that I have detected.  But maybe it would help folks take the intended message with the spoonful of sugar.

A Saucy Wench

Not that I have detected.  But maybe it would help folks take the intended message with the spoonful of sugar.

srl you get more childhood musicals stuck in my head than any other person I know.  It's kind of creepy

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

No more marathons

Ohhh...  Sad  Here's the thing.  Bad first impressions can go both ways.  On the BF, WCRunner is a beloved and respected member.  I hope you all can work it out...

Really, I always found him to be a bit pompous and condescending.  Must just be me.

For those long timers on RA, thank you for being here as a great alternative.  Most folks on this and other runner forums just want a place to express themselves and get and give advice. 

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!