Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey ( @ Trent) (Read 630 times)

Trent - I saw the link on your signature. It brought back some memories. I went to high school in Nashville (Hillsboro HS, c/o 87), and ran Cross Country for my last 2 years there. We would always train in Percy Warner Park, as well as race at Vaughn's Gap and Steeplechase. There are plenty of other schools nearby, but we never seemed to run into any other CC teams training there, so I we always thought of it as our park. It is an amazing beautiful place, and brutally hilly. The images on the web site brought back lots of forgotten memories - (my parents moved away from Nashville right after high school so I have never really been back or kept in touch with anybody. 20 year reunion coming up next month - egads). Memories of some of the best times and closest friends from that period. Some of whom have passed away. All the catchy nicknames we dreamed up for various stretches, shortcuts, routes, etc. Running on the horse trails. And just how lush and beautiful it is. I had forgotten about all of that until I was browsing your site. Anyway, here I am pushing 39, feeling old and nostalgic, and hoping/planning to do a marathon before '08 is out (HM for '07). There are two of them here in ATL each year, plus the Music City. but now you have put the nostalgia bug in me to run the Flying Monkey. If not in '08 then one day.
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Big grin We'd love to have you! HHFMM is a nice little marathon, a good (but very challenging) first one (despite what I put on the website). I think that once PWP gets into your blood, it never leaves. Great to hear about your past! I run on the Xc fields a lot, but the hills are my true love. Jeff, TanyaS and Candice from runningahead also run out there lots! When back in town, give a holler. Perhaps we can get you back to the hills!
        I'll be in Nashville for the above mentioned reunion, this weekend. I'll try my darndest to get over to Percy Warner Sunday morning for a run before I have to drive back. Unfortunately my schedule (my kids' schedules) prevents me from hanging out in Nashville for more than a few hours - pretty much just driving up for the event Saturday night, then back Sunday morning. Planning for a run thru the park, though Wink