Any body run today? (Read 666 times)

3.17 miles in 27:00 ... it was on the dreadmill, so I just tried to get in a few before boredom really set in! Tongue
    2009: BQ?
    PWL

Has been

10 miles in cloudy overcast grayness with the wife. Temp was perfect--mid 50s.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

7.5 miles down by the seafront. Waves lapping gently up the beach. Warm in the sun - a bit chilly in the shade. A perfect day for running Smile

Imminent Catastrophe

50k in driving rain, wind and wet sand. Cross-posted, but I deserve it!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

11.2 in PWP. And I smell kiwi. Big grin

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

9.5 in 2 1/2 hours - way too hot here for 11:00 AM runs! Tongue
              Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                YoungGuyinHis20s did a 3.6 mile run yesterday. It was hot as Evil grin.

Vim

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

pRED, I wish I had run the 11.2 with you yesterday, looked like a nice day! Did you run it alone? A bunch of friends also ran it. Today, 8.5 asphalt and trails, from my home to PWP and back. Nice and easy.
                  jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

4 easy miles. I meant for it to be a tempo run, but I just couldn't wake up until about 3.25 miles in.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

8+ miles. I had planned for only 6.5 or so, but I really like my new shoes. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

7.05 Started off easy (ran with dh who is having calf issues) for first 4 miles but did an additional 3.05 by myself. Definetly enjoyed the last 3 more than the first 4. Didn't want to stop but didn't have a choice Sad

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

8+ miles. I had planned for only 6.5 or so, but I really like my new shoes. Big grin k
                          WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
                            I KNOW! Is there really anything better than new running shoes that feel great?! Well, aside from the crazy price tag, LOL?! Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

I rode 33 and change yesterday, and enjoyed drafting behind a semi-pro woman for several stretches of 24-25 mph. I tell ya, you folks are missin' out! did

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I rode 33 and change yesterday, and enjoyed drafting behind a semi-pro woman for several stretches of 24-25 mph. I tell ya, you folks are missin' out!
                                Once my doc gives me the ok to lift my bike up so I can put it on the rack, I will stop missing out! /hernia gripe

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.