Anyone not eat dairy? (Read 640 times)

Jill_B

I fly.

Due to my baby's reflux (and other issues) I am forced to remove dairy from my diet. Since I am a huge yogurt, cheese, ice cream, milk consumer I know it will be hard. I'm wondering how, if at all, it will impact my running.

Bring it on.

obiebyke

I eat yogurt and cheese, but nothing else dairy. It might actually make your running better. Most humans aren't built to digest cow milk, so you might find you feel better! There are lots of alternatives, so try 'em out. Be sure to keep up with the calcium--take a multivitamin and eat plenty of dark green veggies.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Due to my baby's reflux (and other issues) I am forced to remove dairy from my diet.
        I don't understand the connection between reflux in a baby and dairy consumption in the mother, even with nursing.
          I don't understand the connection between reflux in a baby and dairy consumption in the mother, even with nursing.
          I don't either. My 2 year old son has reflux pretty bad, and we've never seen anything at all that said to limit dairy... I'd love to read where you got that.
            if the baby has food allergies, the allergens can pass through the mom to the baby. Rather than going directly to dairy, although that is a good spot to start, eliminate one type of food. My son was allergic to wheat. Also, reflux will happen whether or not the child is allergic. Ben had to sleep on an inclined bed to help keep food down and take some medicines to thicken up the milk so it wouldn't come up.
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Reflux has nothing to do with allergies. JB's baby is three months old, which is very early for food allergies. So I wonder why they suppose a connection...
              Jill_B

I fly.

The dr (and Guri) don't expect it to do much, but since the 2 more mild meds did nothing, it's kind of a try it situation to avoid more serious meds. Honestly, I figure in 4 weeks I'll be back on dairy (unless my ruNning greatly improves).

Bring it on.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So you are experimenting on your child? Wink Big grin
                  Jill_B

I fly.

Exactly.

Bring it on.

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Milk was the cause of my migraines and daily headaches. I stopped drinking it about 15 months ago and had immediate relief. As a precaution, I also cut back on other dairy. I still eat some cheese, but swtiched to soy yogurt and soy creamer.
                      VictorN

I also don't see how this will help, but soy milk is a good substitute for milk. Unfortunately, although there are substitutes for cheese, ice cream, & yogurt, I don't think they are very good. Victor