Petroleum jelly stains (Read 115 times)

AndyTN

Overweight per CDC BMI

Anyone have any tricks to removing petroleum jelly stains from your running shorts? I have several different pairs of shorts which show the dark, oily haze in between my legs and at the crotch. Black is the only color which doesn't show but that doesn't help me when I have 10 different colors currently. I tried using Dawn dish soap and I also tried using rubbing alcohol on a pair this morning so I will see what they look like this evening.

Memphis / 38 male

5k - 20:39 / 10k - 43:48 / Half - 1:34:47 / Full - 3:38:10

I think the only solution (well, there are two) is to start using actual lube and stop using vaseline. I've found the Gold Bond Friction Defense to work GREAT and it's far less expensive than the boutique lube (Body Glide, Squirrel Nut Butter).

The other solution is to forget about using anything but black shorts. I've decided on this, because on hot days I sweat and it always looks like I pissed myself. It doesn't show with black shorts. You can always get fancy and show your "flair" with your tops and socks.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

KCRuns

Baking soda and vinegar in the wash will usually get that out.  I switched to Aquaphor and find that it washes out of clothes better than Vaseline.

I I've found the Gold Bond Friction Defense to work GREAT and it's far less expensive than the boutique lube (Body Glide, Squirrel Nut Butter).

Thank you for this.

MTA: As an FYI, I bought and am using GB Friction defense and it is exactly as effective as body glide

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

I I've found the Gold Bond Friction Defense to work GREAT and it's far less expensive than the boutique lube (Body Glide, Squirrel Nut Butter).

I second this. Gold Bond Friction Defense is used daily in my house. Great for all areas including the feet on raining days. Prevents nipple burn from sweat.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

berylrunner

Rick

+1 to Gold Bond.

As for the stains, no one will notice if you are running fast.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Body Glide.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

rlopez

if you dried the stained clothes in the dryer, then it is probably set

But yeah, vaseline stains. Other non-petro products stain less